יום רביעי 20 יוני 2012 14:49
I have a SharePoint List with 7 columns of information - Ref Number, Name, Department etc...
I would like to use a dropdown control on an infopath form to query this list and select one of the rows from the SP list.
The problem I have is that my dropdown query can only show one column from the SP list, i.e. Ref Number, when ideally I would like it to show several columns from the same entry. In other words, to show the Ref Number on its own is unhelpful to the user unless you can also show the Name and Dept which belong to that Ref Number.
Is there a way of having the dropdown query show ALL columns of data at the same time, thereby allowing the user to select the correct record?
I realise this may be a bit vague but will happily provide more details!
Thanks in advance!
יום רביעי 20 יוני 2012 15:39
As far as I know, you cannot modify a secondary data source by adding a field with a default value that could be a concatenation of other fields.
I would suggest the following:
1. Create a calculated column in your SharePoint list which concatenates the columns that you would like to combine
2. Include this column in you secondary data source
3. Change your drop down list display field to the new column, keep the value field as the list item ID
יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 07:22
thanks for this - the above solution worked really well; however, with one minor issue...
my formula (=CONCATENATE([Trip No]," - ",Place," - ",Purpose," - ",[No of Day's]," Days") returns the fields as expected in SharePoint but when pulled into my Infopath dropdown they are prefixed with 'string,#'...
Any ideas what might be causing this or how to remove it?
יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 12:42Nothing comes to mind immediately, let me kick this one around a little.
שבת 23 יוני 2012 04:27
I have tested myself by creating form in the InfoPath. Calculated field is showing the value without String #. I am unsure whether your InfoPath form is Browser enabled or not.
I have tested it on non-browser enabled form.
I have created a calculated column in task list with the formula =CONCATENATE ([% Complete],"-",Title,"-",[Start Date],"-",Created)
But everything was normal.
Could you please verify whether it is enabled or not.
יום שני 25 יוני 2012 15:21
I have managed to successfully remove the 'string' text by changing it from a 2007 broswer enabled form to a 2010 form - thank you! Seems 2007 just didnt like it at all...
Unfortunately I now have an issue when trying to open the form for designing - I get a bunch of error messages and all of my url's for submission and publishing are not recognised - aarrgghhh!! Been round and round with this all day and finally thought I'd got somewhere (having deleted and re-entered all data connections) when it happened again.
I guess I'll start a new thread for this one!