יום שישי 15 יוני 2012 09:43
I encrypted an external hard drive with Bitlocker to go on my Windows 7 Enterprise laptop. When I plug the hard drive into either my laptop or my (Windows 7 standard) desktop it prompts me for a password to unlock the device and then I can read, copy, delete, etc files as normal.
However, I can't unlock the hard drive when I plug it into my backup server which is running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard edition. It appears in Windows Explorer as Bitlocker Status: Locked. No window pops up asking me to enter the Bitlocker password, I can't find the Bitlocker icon in the Control Panel and when I try to use manage-bde.exe via a command prompt, I get the following error:
'manage-bde' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
I've tried logging onto the server both via RDP and locally via a keyboard and mouse plugged directly into the server - but it didn't make any difference.
Can anyone offer any advice as to why this isn't working please?
Thanks in advance for any help.
יום שלישי 19 יוני 2012 09:20מנחה דיון
To install BitLocker during initial configuration
1. When you install Windows Server 2008 R2, the Initial Configuration Tasks window appears.
2. Choose Add features, and then install BitLocker Drive Encryption.
3. Restart your server.
You can also install BitLocker by using Server Manager.
To install BitLocker after installation with the Windows user interface
1. Click Start, click Server Manager, click Add Features, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
2. Restart your server.
You can also install BitLocker at a command prompt.
To install BitLocker after installation by using Command Prompt
1. Open a command prompt window as an administrator. To do this, click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
4. At the command prompt, type the following:
ServerManagerCmd -install BitLocker -restart
This installs BitLocker if you have not already installed it.
5. Restart your server.
BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
Hope this helps!
TechNet Community Support
יום שישי 22 יוני 2012 10:11
Thank you so much for your help.
I installed the BitLocker feature on my server and can now view the contents of my external hard drive.