none
Adding Microsoft DaRT to MDT 2012.

Pertanyaan

• How can add or install the Microsoft DaRT to be included on my images in MDT 2012?

Brother's and Sisters all Rise!

07 Mei 2012 18:53

Semua Balasan

• Open the deployment workbench, expand information center and choose documentation. Click any link on the getting started page and you will have a search tab on the left hand side. Search for DaRT and you should see a help topic titled "Enable DaRT Support".
    07 Mei 2012 19:25
  • It would be best if you follow Michael's instructions (http://blogs.technet.com/b/mniehaus/archive/2011/11/28/mdt-2012-new-feature-dart-integration.aspx)

Per our conversation thread here (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/mdt/thread/53abc60e-a64c-4d9a-a2cf-137e17097c8f) you should delete your boot WIM file and completely regenerate to stop any prompts from opening.

07 Mei 2012 22:40
  • Yes everything stated above is true! Except it needs to be mentioned that you need MDOP, download the iso from the Microsoft site, then you need to install Dart 7.0 x64 or x32 and after this is done present the tools.cab that you can find on the following location: 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft DaRT 7\v7" into the ".\DeploymentShare\Tools\x86" or ".\DeploymentShare\Tools\x64" folder.

Then enable DART functionality on the Deploymentshare properties > Windows PE > Features > x64 or x86 version. Check Dart, choose 'apply' 'ok' throw away your current existing boot.iso's and completely regenerate the boot.iso.

have fun!

keep us posted, and if helpful please rate!
    Kind regards

10 Mei 2012 20:36
  • I followed these instruction, but everytime I check the box for DaRT and regenerate the Deployment Share I get the following error. If uncheck the DaRT option everything works fine.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: The file 'C:\Users\NFOSTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\MDTUpdate.3436\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini' already exists. ---> System.IO.IOException: The file 'C:\Users\NFOSTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\MDTUpdate.3436\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini' already exists.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.PEManager.IncludeDart(String dpPath, String architecture)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.UpdateBootImage(String template, String platform, String dpPath, Boolean createISO, String isoName)
       at Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.ProcessRecord()
       at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()

17 Juli 2012 21:37
  • I get the same exact error.  Have you found a solution?
    26 Juli 2012 14:42
  • dito...................same problem :-(
    07 Agustus 2012 19:57
  • Try to delete this file:

'C:\Users\NFOSTE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\2\MDTUpdate.3436\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini'

09 Agustus 2012 3:00
  • This folder doesn't exists
    09 Agustus 2012 6:43
  • My Error:

Windows PE WIM d:\STICK\Boot\Generic_x86.wim will be used.
    WIM file mounted.
    Set Windows PE system root.
    Set Windows PE scratch space.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Die Datei "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini" ist bereits vorhanden. ---> System.IO.IOException: Die Datei "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini" ist bereits vorhanden.
       bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       bei System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.PEManager.IncludeDart(String dpPath, String architecture)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.UpdateBootImage(String template, String platform, String dpPath, Boolean createISO, String isoName)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.ProcessRecord()
       bei System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
       bei System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
       bei System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
       bei System.Management.Automation.Internaate 1 Bel.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecute(Array input, Hashtable errorResults)
       bei System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
       bei System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()

PS: I use MDT 2012 Update 1 Beta 1
    09 Agustus 2012 8:32
  • My Error:

Windows PE WIM d:\STICK\Boot\Generic_x86.wim will be used.
    WIM file mounted.
    Set Windows PE system root.
    Set Windows PE scratch space.

System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException: Die Datei "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini" ist bereits vorhanden. ---> System.IO.IOException: Die Datei "C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini" ist bereits vorhanden.
       bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       bei System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
       bei System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.PEManager.IncludeDart(String dpPath, String architecture)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.UpdateBootImage(String template, String platform, String dpPath, Boolean createISO, String isoName)
       bei Microsoft.BDD.PSSnapIn.UpdateDeploymentPoint.ProcessRecord()
       bei System.Management.Automation.Cmdlet.DoProcessRecord()
       bei System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
       --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
       bei System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
       bei System.Management.Automation.Internaate 1 Bel.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecute(Array input, Hashtable errorResults)
       bei System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
       bei System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()

PS: I use MDT 2012 Update 1 Beta 1

C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888\Mount\windows\system32\winpeshl.ini

The first line of your message shows that the above file exists, why don't you delete it?

09 Agustus 2012 14:04
  • because i cannot found this folder C:\Users\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\MDTUpdate.4888............................................
    09 Agustus 2012 14:47
  • It seems to be a problem with mdt 2012 update 1 beta 1because with mdt 2012 it works
    12 Agustus 2012 11:43
  • That folder is the mount directory for the boot WIM only exists when the boot WIM is being generated or updated.  I had this message once and I selected to completely regenerate the boot wim and that resolved it for me.
    13 Agustus 2012 17:55
  • I tried a new Deployment on a new Win8 PC with MDT 2012 Update 1 and Windows ADK but i get the same Error. I don't know what to do :-(
    23 Agustus 2012 6:31
  • I was having the same problem, I found that if I cleared out everything from my %temp% folder the problem went away and DaRT 8 was succesfully added to my boot media.
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh Mvd12345 11 Januari 2013 16:23
    23 Agustus 2012 17:16
  • Here this problem again : winpeshl.ini' already exists.

Tried to delete everything in %temp%

Regenerate the image

Still same problem...what could be a solution for this?

Thx

18 Februari 2013 12:50
  • Solution :

Tried to delete everything in %temp%

Regenerate the image

WITH CLOSION MDT2012. Else the files are still in use.

18 Februari 2013 13:02
  • Same issue - winpeshl.ini already exists.  Microsoft going to fix this bug?

Not sure what "CLOSION MDT2012" is.......is that "Closing MDT2012"?  and if so - how to you regenerate the boot image in MDT with MDT closed?

Dave

26 Februari 2013 17:01
  • He means close the MDT workbench, delete the %temp% files,  then reopen MDT and try to regenerate the images.

If the workbench is still open there may be some files in %temp% still open that can't be deleted.

27 Februari 2013 1:37
  • True True..
    27 Februari 2013 7:55
  • I'm posting to confirm that closing the MDT Workbench, clearing %temp%, and regenerating the images is the solution.
    19 Maret 2013 17:19