none
Windows Firewall service is missing SBS 2008

Pertanyaan

• On my sbs2008 servever i got a message saying that the Firewall is not Working. (in short)

Looking throu the logs and services i figures out that the "Windows Firewall Servive" is completely missing from the service list.

Also the Registrykey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc  is missing.

I have tried tor create a new FW policy fra templates, but to no good.

How can i restore or reinstall the firewall??

05 Juli 2010 19:58

Jawaban

• Sorry for late answere, but m I lost password to my account...

I solved the problem by taking the change of importing  the copy of the registrykey: " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc "  I found in an another  thread in this forum.  Then restarting the server.  After that the Firewall service came back in the Services list, and all other management of the firewall functioned again.

It looks likt it all happened in the first place at an intrution attemt to the SQL-server.

29 Juli 2010 22:48

Semua Balasan

• I would begin by running the following checks:

Within SBS 2008 run the 'Fix My Network' wizard
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc513946(WS.10).aspx

Download and run the SBS 2008 Best Practices Analyzer:
    http://www.sbsbpa.com

Then report back any errors or warnings that may be applicable

-Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP)
    "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    KW Support MVP Blog
    MVP's do NOT work for Microsoft. We give our time freely to support the SBS community!
    06 Juli 2010 8:51
  • Do you have an update or resolution to your issue?

-Kevin Weilbacher (SBS MVP)
    "The days pass by so quickly now, the nights are seldom long"
    KW Support MVP Blog
    MVP's do NOT work for Microsoft. We give our time freely to support the SBS community!
    19 Juli 2010 17:33
  • Sorry for late answere, but m I lost password to my account...

I solved the problem by taking the change of importing  the copy of the registrykey: " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MpsSvc "  I found in an another  thread in this forum.  Then restarting the server.  After that the Firewall service came back in the Services list, and all other management of the firewall functioned again.

It looks likt it all happened in the first place at an intrution attemt to the SQL-server.

29 Juli 2010 22:48