none
HP TouchSmart TX2

Pertanyaan

• Hi, I've installed Windows 7 beta on my TouchSmart TX2 1024ca and had these devices not working. I can't determine which or what devices they are. they are both "Unknown Device"

USB\VID_1B96&PID_0001&REV_0000&MI_02

and

ACPI\ENE0100

anyone who can help out? I've contacted HP with this and they said they can't help me with it. I insisted that I just wanted to know what device they are so that I can ask the device's manufacturer for the driver, becuase I know HP won't give it to me. But, the techs keep on insisting that they can't help me. Now, I'm stuck with a crippled laptop.

I would also want to know if anyone knows a way to get multi-touch on it. the pen and single-touch works fine, but there's no multi-touch as it was supposed to be. n-trig has not replied to my emails and I don't hink they will. Anyone who can help?
    03 Mei 2009 22:57

Jawaban

Semua Balasan

• Hi. :)

Well, since it displays as "Unknown device", I think you probably saw this in the Device Manager under "Other"? Am I correct?

If so, Windows can automatically search for the latest drivers if you right click the "Unknown device" and search for the latest drivers available and it should be working again. :)
    Evandela
    03 Mei 2009 23:28
  • USB\VID_1B96&PID_0001&REV_0000&MI_02, not sure yet, is there any usb devices attached that aren't working? perhaps something connected to usb internally, see if all your built-in devices are operational ie, bluetooth, wireless lan, built in card reader, quick launch buttons, fingerprint reader, etc
    03 Mei 2009 23:46
  • USB\VID_1B96&PID_0001&REV_0000&MI_02,  N-Trig...

N-trig's DuoSense digitizer provides pen ,touch and multi touch

Apparently they are currently developing Win7 drivers, I suggest you get yourself on their mailing list to be contacted when they are released!
    the link to their information page (with a link to be put on mailing list)

http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Multi_Touch

I guess that answers both of the final two questions at once, Hopefully they are finishing their drivers soon, but at least it looks like they are planning to support Win7!
    • Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh shakeyplace 04 Mei 2009 0:18
    • Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh Ivan Lapis 06 Mei 2009 0:42
    04 Mei 2009 0:18
  • Ahhhh, so sorry, are you using 32 bit Win7, I didn't read very carefully and a Beta driver is available now to download from the page I linked you to in the previous post...

http://www.n-trig.com/Content.aspx?Page=Multi_Touch - at the bottom of the page..
    04 Mei 2009 2:52

Apparently they are currently developing Win7 drivers, I suggest you get yourself on their mailing list to be contacted when they are released!

I guess that answers both of the final two questions at once, Hopefully they are finishing their drivers soon, but at least it looks like they are planning to support Win7!

Also - for future reference your multitouch is the exact same hardware as on the Dell Latitude XT2, the drivers are interchangable(exact same hardware ID), so if one releases the driver first or one ever updates the driver and the other doesn't, don't hesitate to use Dell's for the XT2!
    :) 4 hours and I bet you got much more than you could hope to get from your manufacturer's product support!
    04 Mei 2009 3:13

Thanks, I'll be adding myself to their mailing list. As of now, I went back to vista (temporarily), and took the SwSetup folder to get he drivers, and it worked, although, the digitizer works exactly the same as vista... so yeah, once they get the drivers for the tx2, I'm gonna get it fast.

I hope they have both multi-touch and pen working properly, the beta drivers (as to what I know) only supports multi-touch... I haven't tested the beta drivers, so I'm just gonna wait for the official ones for now.
    06 Mei 2009 0:45

Also - for future reference your multitouch is the exact same hardware as on the Dell Latitude XT2, the drivers are interchangable(exact same hardware ID), so if one releases the driver first or one ever updates the driver and the other doesn't, don't hesitate to use Dell's for the XT2!
    :) 4 hours and I bet you got much more than you could hope to get from your manufacturer's product support!

I would try but I don't want to risk just yet. So, I'll just wait for the official ones to come out. The vistandrivers work fine, although no real multi-touch... just the basic ones (pinch, rotate, etc...)
    06 Mei 2009 0:47
  • I had the same problem with an HP laptop with Windows 7. It had the ACPI\ENE0100 driver missing and it took me forever to find it. I published the find here: http://www.mytechfetish.com/2009/05/hewlett-packard-dv6-1027nr-driver.html. I hope this helps.

Kenst

15 Juni 2010 3:00
  • http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-67211-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&os=2100&product=3860698

THX

I have an PAVILION DV7 2220EP and this driver solved my BIG PROBLEM...

Windows 7 Ultimate

Regards

George

24 Agustus 2010 15:02
  • I can confirm that the Dell n-trig driver does in fact work on this TX2.  i am running Win 7 home premium x64 and it worked like a charm.  Thanks Shakeyplace!

The driver from Dell is here and can be found under the subheader "input" and is at the bottom of the list. 

28 Januari 2012 23:51
  •  May you live one thousand years! THANK YOU i dont know why this has been such a pain but your link got me just what i needed . Gold star xoxo

20 Juni 2013 0:50