none
Sharepoint 2010 with Sql Server 2008 (with Cumulative Update 8) Reporting Services Integration

    Pertanyaan

  • I have succesfully configured Sql Server 2008 (with Cumulative Update #8 installed) to run in SharePoint Integrated mode in a SharePoint 2010 Server Farm. I have SharePoint databases and the Reports Server set up on a single machine and the Central Admin set up on another machine. I can access the Reports Server from the local machine but I am unable to do so from the machine which has the Central Admin installed (in the browser, it is not accepting the administrator credentials). While attempting to configure Reporting Services Integration, I am ecountering the following error:

    Failed to establish connection with report server. Verify the server URL is correct or review ULS logs for more information. Product area: SQL Server Reporting Services, Category: Configuration Pages

    the ULS log has the following error:

    Exception encountered for SOAP method GetSystemProperties: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

    at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetConnectionProtocol()

    at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol)

    Exception in TestCurrentUrlConnection: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.RSConnectionInfo.get_SPManagementProxy()

    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.RSUtility.CheckReportServerVersion(String& errorMessage)

    Failed to retrieve RS configuration information: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)

    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)

    at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.ReportingService2010.GetReportServerConfigInfo(Boolean ScaleOut)

    at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.RSIntegrationSettings.GetReportServerConfigInfo(IList`1& configInfos)

    Any help would be much apprectiated in this regard :)

    18 Januari 2011 17:02

Jawaban

  • HI Nick. I've just (somehow) cured this on my environment. Do you want to try the same and see if fixes yours?

    Find your RSReportServer.config and in the Authentication tag see if RSNegotiate is in there. If you're NOT using Kerberos then remove the tag, and save the file.

    I did that and now it works.

    (Well actually I did a bunch of things so I can't be completely certain.)

    09 Februari 2012 17:51

Semua Balasan

  • Did you fix this? I get the same thing
    09 Februari 2012 15:22
  • Me as well. Same thing.
    09 Februari 2012 17:24
  • HI Nick. I've just (somehow) cured this on my environment. Do you want to try the same and see if fixes yours?

    Find your RSReportServer.config and in the Authentication tag see if RSNegotiate is in there. If you're NOT using Kerberos then remove the tag, and save the file.

    I did that and now it works.

    (Well actually I did a bunch of things so I can't be completely certain.)

    09 Februari 2012 17:51
  • OMG.. man your awesome. I deleted that element and walla...

    Thanks!

    09 Februari 2012 19:31
  • No worries. You may find you need some extra stuff as well, which I've blogged, here: http://www.thorntontechnical.com/tech/sharepoint/sharepoint-2010-foundation-sql-server-reporting-services-integrated-mode-installation-issues-failed-to-establish-connection-with-report-server-401-errors-and-more
    09 Februari 2012 20:12
  • I don't have that enabled, mine is for NTLM authentication and I am still getting the same error.  Any ideas?  The account can connect to the reportserver when browsing in the browser, it can connect in central administration.  It works if I use trusted account, but then it will fail with our SQL reports since they are windows integrated authentication, so I don't want to turn off windows integrated.

    Exception encountered for SOAP method GetSystemProperties: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.     at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetConnectionProtocol()     at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SoapMethodWrapper`1.ExecuteMethod(Boolean setConnectionProtocol) 1afe9dfd-9846-4194-bddf-fcb0ded634be
    06/14/2012 15:37:43.03  w3wp.exe (0x1E78)                        0x1754 SQL Server Reporting Services  SOAP Client Proxy              0000 High     Exception encountered for SOAP method GetSystemProperties: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.     at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.RSConnection2010.SetCo

    14 Juni 2012 19:54
  • It's still out there, but it is determine to actually be that the user isn't Kerberos (SPN). I gave up and deleted the the report server. Happy ending..
    18 Juni 2012 13:19