01 April 2011 12:49
i have the following problem:
Outlook updates mails with delays from 2minutes to 4hours (send/receive).
2 Exchange Server 2010 Servicepack 1 Rollup1 (Windows 2008 R2 Ent)
400 Outlook 2010 Clients in Cached Mode
- one server is not affected
- mails appear in owa (no exchange transport problem)
- Outlook in online mode works
- gpo settings Microsoft Outlook 2010/Account Settings/Exchange/Exchange-Cache-Mode --> wait time in seconds (i don´t think thats the problem because 200 Clients on the other server are working)
- virusscan on the server and client disabled (for the test)
- Exchange perforance troubleshouter shows no errors (one warning: the top6 user account for 30% of the mapi cpu usage on the server)
- if you press send/receive in outlook --> mails appear
- if you press reconnect in outlook connection state --> mails appear
- if i move the mailbox to the other server --> it works
04 April 2011 5:18Moderator
1. Capture a netmon trace to check if there are network issues.
2. Run the profmon to capture the performance of the problematic server:
Comparing the counters to see if there are any bottlenecks.
04 April 2011 14:51
thanks for your answer.
1. can´t find any network issues
2. ran Exchange_2010_Perfwiz-MBX.xml:
Description / Check 1 (very short) / Check 2 (1 hour) / Microsoft threshold
Memory\Transition Pages Repurposed/sec 3466/54/spikes less than 1000
Memory\Page Reads/sec 134/9,7/less than 100avg
Memory\Pages/Sec 3.483/116/less than 1000avg
Memory\Pages Input/sec 3.257/55/less than 1000avg
the other values seem to be ok. do you think i´ve a memory problem? 8GB RAM for 250 User ?
04 April 2011 19:08There is a know issue in SP1 RU3 for this:
Maybe it also applies to RU1?
08 April 2011 2:05Moderator
The symptoms seem to be strange.
Since the issue does not occur in Online Mode, it means the emails has been delivered to the user’s mailbox properly without delay. The issue is only with the cached mode feature in Outlook and it seems it does not retrieve or sync with the Exchange Server. However, according the other symptom that the issue does not occur when moving the user to another MBX server, it indicates a Exchange side issue.
How about creating a new mailbox database on the problematic MBX server and create a test user in the new database to check if the issue persist.
12 April 2011 5:38
thanks for your answers.
the solution was:
changed from 2vCPU/8GB RAM to 4vCPU/16GB RAM
changed VM Ressources CPU/RAM/HDD to level high with reservation.
Now the issue is gone.
- Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh schloggi 12 April 2011 5:38
22 Juni 2012 15:39
Which server did you change? CAS/HT or Mailbox? I've got the same issue. I looked at my resource utilization and memory and CPU are very low, but we don't have any VM Resource reservations. Just wondering.
BTW, we've tested every aspect, it just seems to be Cached Mode Client receive, sending messages is instantaneous. Could it be the receive queue?
28 September 2012 6:22
Sorry for the late answer. the cas-server was affected.
VM Ressource: Property of the VMWare Virtual Machine --> ressources --> reservation and shares