Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions by number in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE (32-bit) in No Add-ons mode?
=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons)
2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings & reboot?
3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?
4. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application ever been installed on the computer?
5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when it was purchased? (Doesn't matter if it was never used or Activated.)
6. Does the behavior persist if you uninstall IE9, reboot twice & do NOT reinstall it?
7. Is the computer currently fully-patched at Windows Update?
1. Download/run the appropriate scripts from this link: http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en
Tip: The file named ie8-rereg.all.zip contains both of the scripts below.
a. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.32on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot.
b. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.64on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot once more.
3. IMPORTANT! => Now reset IE8 Advanced settings again per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings, reboot one last time and test.