this simple request doesn't work in IE9 (9.0.8112.16421) :
var xdr=new XDomainRequest();
The send method returns an "unspecified error".
I tried all possible combinations :
- within/without debugging console
- setting all event handlers (onerror, ontimeout, onload, onprogress)
- making myscript.php sending a "XDomainRequestAllowed: *" and even a "XDomainRequestAllowed: 1" even though everything is taking place on the same domain...
- querying a POST instead of a GET
- trying on 3 different servers (local and remote)
- disabling all IE add-ons
- setting IE security level to low-level
... Nothing helps.
While the same test with a XMLHttpRequest is working fine.
var xhr=new XMLHttpRequest();
This bug is quite annoying since it prevents many ajax-based websites from performing correctly...
As the issue may be related to development, it is recommended to post the issue in
Internet Explorer Development forum to see if guys there can help you.
Thanks for your understanding and hope the issue will be resolved soon!
TechNet Community Support