none
IE 10 issues on Win7 x64 - Blue Screens and Windows Live incompatibilities

Frage

• Since i installed IE 10 on my Win7 x64, I can't use IE.
    Windows crash on blue screens every time.

Another issue I noticed on Windows Live after this install.
    All windows live panels don't refresh! It is not like it ain't working, for I can use them. But the panels just don't refresh, even if I minimize and maximize the windows again.
    It happens both on Live Mail and Live Messenger (I don't use other Live softwares).
    On Live Mail, the left panel (with inbox, sent items, etc) is frozem with the first screen (if it has 3 mails, it will remains 3 e-mails showing until I close WLM, and also if I don't have any unread e-mail and new mails arrive). Other panels, like the mail preview are not refreshed. And even when I type a new e-mail, I can't seen the contents of To: CC: etc (but I can see the contents). I can edit, because the To an CC is working on background, but it is just not refreshing the window.

Same with Live Messanger. My contatcts are loaded on the first place and, the status they are at my login remain forever. If I try to filter by a contact name, the panel don't refresh... but if I filter and click on what was supposed to be the contact position, the windows opens with the contact correctly.

Do anyone knows if microsoft is trying to launch a fix for IE 10? Is it safe to remove IE from Win7 now?
    Is is just a shame... I was so hopeful about this new IE.. I can't believe they screwed up again.

Rodrigo Queiroz

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012 21:19

Antworten

• Hi,

IE 10 has not been released for Windows 7. You are using the IE10 Release Preview.

You may try the system restore to go back to a previous status and check the result.

To restore system will preserve all the software and files before the previous restore point. And all of your private date will be preserved.

In addition, you can post Windows Live related issue at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum for help.

Thanks.

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2012 07:43
  • Is Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview right for me?
    Before you download Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview, you should weigh the pros and cons of installing software that’s still in development. Internet Explorer 10 is still being tested—information from people using the Release Preview will help make the final product even better. If you install the Release Preview, you’ll get to enjoy new features including enhanced security and performance, but you also might experience a higher frequency of errors than you would using an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview?
    If you change your mind about whether Internet Explorer 10 is right for you, you can always uninstall it.

1.Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then select View installed updates in the left pane.

2.Under Unistall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

•Right-click Internet Explorer 10, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

3.Click one of the following:

•Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 10 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

•Restart later

Cf.: Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview: Frequently asked questions

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2012 07:48

Alle Antworten

• Hi,

IE 10 has not been released for Windows 7. You are using the IE10 Release Preview.

You may try the system restore to go back to a previous status and check the result.

To restore system will preserve all the software and files before the previous restore point. And all of your private date will be preserved.

In addition, you can post Windows Live related issue at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum for help.

Thanks.

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2012 07:43
  • Is Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview right for me?
    Before you download Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview, you should weigh the pros and cons of installing software that’s still in development. Internet Explorer 10 is still being tested—information from people using the Release Preview will help make the final product even better. If you install the Release Preview, you’ll get to enjoy new features including enhanced security and performance, but you also might experience a higher frequency of errors than you would using an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

How do I uninstall Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview?
    If you change your mind about whether Internet Explorer 10 is right for you, you can always uninstall it.

1.Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then select View installed updates in the left pane.

2.Under Unistall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

•Right-click Internet Explorer 10, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

3.Click one of the following:

•Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 10 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

•Restart later

Cf.: Internet Explorer 10 Release Preview: Frequently asked questions

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2012 07:48