my windows internet explorer keeps not responding

Question

• i have windows 7 my laptop is an acer, my internet explorer stops responding and my computer keeps freezing , my windows msn live messenger keeps freezing , then all my pages dont work i have to wait about ten minutes for it to start working again , ive tried to reset internet explorer but it makes no difference does any body know what i have to do please ?
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that this is Windows Vista Forum. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows 7 Forum for discussion.

Personally,  I would like to provide the following suggestions:

1). Reset the default homepage to blank

------------------------------

a.  On the toolbar, click Tools, and then click Internet Options. 

b.  On the General tab, note the address that is listed in the Home page area. This address may cause the problem. 

c.  Click Use Blank, and then click OK. 

d.  Close Internet Explorer. Then, start Internet Explorer again. 

2). Remove temporary Internet files, browsing history data, and Web form data

------------------------------------------------------------

To remove temporary Internet files, browsing history data, and Web form data, follow these steps:

1.  Start Internet Explorer. 

2.  On the toolbar, click Tools, and then click Internet Options. 

3.  On the General tab, click Delete in the Browsing history area. 

4.  In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, click Delete files, and then click Yes in the Delete Files dialog box. 

5.  Click Delete cookies, and then click Yes in the Delete Cookies dialog box.

6.  Click Delete history, and then click Yes in the Delete History dialog box. 

7.  Click Delete forms and then click Yes in the Delete Form Data dialog box. 

8.  Click Close, and then click OK. 

·         3). Run IE with No Add-ons

·         -------------------------------

To start Internet Explorer in "No Add-ons" mode, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

If the problem does not occur after you use this method, use Manage Add-ons to determine which add-ons are causing the problem. To do this, follow these steps:

1.  Click Tools on the Internet Explorer toolbar, point to Manage Add-ons, and then click Enable or Disable Add-ons. 

2.  Click the name of the add-on at the top of the Enabled list, and then click Disable in the Settings area. 

3.  Click OK, and then test Internet Explorer. 

4.  If the problem still occurs, open Manage Add-ons, enable the add-on that you disabled in step 2, and then repeat steps 1 to 3 for the next add-on in the Enabled list. 

5.  Repeat steps 1 to 3 until the problem is resolved or until all the add-ons have been tested. 

Test Internet Explorer to verify that it works correctly. If problems still occur, go to the next step.

4). Please temporary disable the third party security programs and boot in Clean Boot to test this issue.

More information:

Internet Explorer does not start or stops responding

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:37 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 5:21 AM