none
Problems with IE 11

Question

• Just installed IE 11 and my Yahoo and Youtube pages do not work correctly. If I use Google Chrome, all works fine. Please fix, as I do not like Google Chrome. I use Windows 7. Please let me know what to do. Thank you
    Monday, November 18, 2013 6:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want put all websites you visit in the compatibility view, please follow the steps:

Open IE>Tools>Compatibility View Settings>check Display all websites in Compatibility View>close.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by George Jurak Friday, November 22, 2013 3:28 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did the two websites work correctly in the early version of IE?

If yes, you may try using compatibility view.

Open IE> Press Alt to show the menu bar>Tools>Compatibility View.

Or you can click the Compatibility View button on the Address bar.

For more information, please see:

Why don't some websites display correctly in Internet Explorer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/why-dont-some-websites-display-correctly-in-internet-explorer-8

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:02 AM
  • Hello Ada, thank you for your help. I was able to add yahoo.com and youtube.com to the compatibility view box and now the pages work correctly. However, the images and text are now more crunched together. If I change the screen resolution, then that corrects the problem on those 2 websites, but all the others are too stretched out. Isn't there a way to put all websites I visit in the compatibilty view, without having to do each one individually and having problems with screen size?. It seems weird that Google Chrome would work fine, but IE 11 doesn't. BTW, to answer you question : Yes, everything worked fine with the earlier version of IE. Thank you for your help. I appreciate you time and expertise.
    Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:22 PM
  • Hi,

If you want put all websites you visit in the compatibility view, please follow the steps:

Open IE>Tools>Compatibility View Settings>check Display all websites in Compatibility View>close.

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

• Marked as answer by George Jurak Friday, November 22, 2013 3:28 PM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:09 AM
  • Open IE>Tools>Compatibility View Settings>check Display all websites in Compatibility View>close.

Not in IE11 RTM.  In any case Compatibility View means IE7 emulation which is too primitive for many sites.  There should be a way to allow users to edit  IECompatData.xml  to do exactly what they want when a web site they want to visit is behind the times as far as IE is concerned.  Even if such a procedure is "not supported and not designed" it should be documented if at all feasible.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:20 AM
  • Hello again, Ada. I am having all kinds of other problems with IE 11. I have six websites and my statistics so the same for all sites. I have decided to go back to IE10. How do I do that? Thank You, George
    Monday, November 25, 2013 6:50 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding how to uninstall IE 11 and reinstall other versions in Windows 7, please refer to the following article.

Install or uninstall Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11-win-7

Hope this helps,

Ada Liu

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 1:26 AM