none
Red x's instead of pictures

Question

• I have searched all over for an answer to this problem that is driving me crazy.

I have a home page on IE8 www.dell.myway.com. I have several computers that show this page without any problems. I have one laptop that seems to only have the red x's problem with this URL.  Every other website I visit is fine. The problem is present on this webpage using Firefox also, except there are no red x's, just missing pics. One Page on one computer. I have deleted temp internet files and updated java, adode flash and shockwave. Problem has to be with this laptop, but what can it be. Thanks

Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to access this website by using compatibility mode and disable the add-ons.

If the issue persists, please test the issue in Clean Boot environment also.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 09, 2012 9:49 AM
  • @Toolkitguy

what is the address of the Web Page....

if its from the local file system... eg... uses the file:// protocol: file://c:\webroot\something.htm

then Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"

otherwise compare the IE settings with the computers that can display the web page.

they all should be accepting the default security zone settings... Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "reset all zones to default"

they should have the Shockwave flash object enabled.

Tools>Manage Addons>show All add-ons, find the Shockwave Flash Object and enable it... double click on it to display its properties and ensure that it is allowed to run on all sites.

Tools>ActiveX filtering should be unchecked.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

paid support can be obtained from support.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Monday, April 09, 2012 11:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

Dell branded computers will take you to the Dell consumer support forums.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:58 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I have been over to Microsoft. No help there. Tried everything they suggested with no help. It must be something stored on the computer with the red x's. It is only one web page on one computer. very strange. I'll try Dells forums as you suggest, but I am still hoping for someone that understands how to trace what is going on. Thanks again.

Friday, April 06, 2012 1:30 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to access this website by using compatibility mode and disable the add-ons.

If the issue persists, please test the issue in Clean Boot environment also.

Best Regards,

Kim Zhou

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, April 09, 2012 9:49 AM
  • @Toolkitguy

what is the address of the Web Page....

if its from the local file system... eg... uses the file:// protocol: file://c:\webroot\something.htm

then Tools>Internet Options>Advanced tab, check "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"

otherwise compare the IE settings with the computers that can display the web page.

they all should be accepting the default security zone settings... Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "reset all zones to default"

they should have the Shockwave flash object enabled.

Tools>Manage Addons>show All add-ons, find the Shockwave Flash Object and enable it... double click on it to display its properties and ensure that it is allowed to run on all sites.

Tools>ActiveX filtering should be unchecked.

paid support can be obtained from support.microsoft.com

Rob^_^

Monday, April 09, 2012 11:03 AM