none
CCTV DVR No Longer Showing Images On IE9

Question

• Hi there,

I hope someone may have an idea as to what may be causing the below issue.

Our business has a CCTV DVR that we have been using via Internet Explorer successfully for over 12 months now.

However, since updating to IE9 on a few of our Windows 7 machines the images will no longer show, we can log into the DVR and all of the interface shows correctly it is just the camera images that will not show.

We have had success on only one PC using IE9, the difference being is that this PC uses Vista business and has an ATI graphic card (all the others that will not work have Nvidia cards including one Vista Ultimate machine)

As a test I formatted one of the Windows 7 machines and reinstalled Windows 7, then drivers etc before installing IE8.

I then logged into our DVR successfully and all the camera images streamed ok, after this I updated to IE9. When logging into the DVR now with IE9, again no images stream. The Activex is installed correctly and running or I would assume so as all the interface loads and comms commands work (retreiving settings, copying footage from the HDD etc).

When we first got this DVR we did have this same problem and after speaking to technical support they got me to run dxdiag which shown that Direct Draw was not available, they advised me to update the display drivers on the PC which cured the issue (direct draw then shown enabled and images streamed).

Although I would have thought display drivers would not be the issue as IE8 works ok updating them was one of the first things I did after the issue first appeared on IE9.

I have been in contact with manufacturer and they have said they will look into it but I just thought I would ask here incase any of you knowledgable folk may know what could cause this.

I realise this may not even be something to ask here also, it may be better answered on the Nvidia forums I just dont know.

The manufacturer has an online demo of the same DVR on their website so if any of you would like to see exactly what I am talking about you can visit this link: http://www.symphony-dvr.com/sections/demo/instruct.php

Just to recap and give you a bit more info on each PC here are the operating systems and graphic cards installed, all drivers have been updated:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit - Nvidia Gefore 6200

Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Nvidia Gefore 6200

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - Nvidia Geforce 8800GTS 512MB

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - Nvidia Gefore 8800GTS 320MB

Windows Vista Business - ATI Radeon 4600 (Only Working Computer)

Thanks for any help and if there is any more info needed just ask

Friday, March 25, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

In certain cases with some graphics card, Internet Explorer 9 may have performance or fidelity problems when drawing webpage content. You can try the following method to check if it works.

Open the Internet Explorer 9, press Alt, click Tools - Internet Options.

Click Advanced Tab, check the box "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering".

Meanhwile, please also ask this question in NVIDIA Forum since you mentioned update the driver fix part of the issue.

Regards,

Miya

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Thank you for the reply but unfortunately that does not appear to make any difference.

I will post in the Nvidia forums as you have suggested but if you can think of anything else that may cause the issue please let me know.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:23 AM
  • Although I would have thought display drivers would not be the issue as IE8 works ok updating them was one of the first things I did after the issue first appeared on IE9.

If IE8 works Ok you can compare the two cases using the Developer Tools Image Report.   E.g. for some unknown reason both IE8 and IE9 declare some image files "broken image".   AFAIK there is no further diagnostic available to help identify what specifically there is about such files that make them "broken".

Another diagnostic which proves that "broken images" aren't quite terribly "broken", is Fiddler2 and its Image view.   ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 1:47 PM
  • I have been on to the manufacturer again but they are currently saying IE9 is not supported, whether thats means it will ever be supported I do not know.

As logging into the DVR is successfull except for the actual video stream I have to assume it is something Directx related but what I can do from here I am unsure. I have been through every setting I can see in IE itself without any progress.

Surely this must be an issue with Directx and IE9 working together rather than just being specific to one or the other?

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:50 AM
  • Thanks for the update.

Since the manufacturer doesn't not support IE9, we're not able to fix it. Maybe there could be some improvements some day, that the only thing we can do is waiting for the manufacturer to provide a patch or a new version.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:50 AM
  • hi  there just to say i had same problem but now i have sorted it and working fine on all my pcs. if you need help  you can email me direct and ill send you the answer via email as i dont much use forums

pc247repairs@hotmail.com

M.C.S.E

PS  its not a direct x or n.vidia issue ...

Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Nvidia Gefore gtx 460

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - Nvidia Geforce gtx 580

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - Nvidia Gefore gts 450

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 7:07 AM
  • I'm running Windows 7 and have had the same issue after upgrading to IE9. All worked before and now I can navigate without issue but just can't see any camera displays
    • Proposed as answer by Musashi6966 Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:43 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Musashi6966 Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:57 AM
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:18 PM
  • Hi.

As this is most probably issue with activeX security settings, you can try to :

press ALT, open menu Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > click on Internet icon (or if you added your site to Trusted sites - then Trusted Sites), > click "Custom Level" button below, and then enable one by one all settings in section "ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins"

Specially "Display Video and Animations on a webpage that does not use external media player"

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:56 AM
  • I am having the same problems that you are having.  I tried to set all of my zones in the tools, internet options to the lowest that they can be.  I also tried to go into the active x settings and enabled all of them (this is located in the advance tab) None of them worked.  lets see if we can work together to solve this.
    • Proposed as answer by Fermatdk Friday, March 02, 2012 8:05 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Fermatdk Friday, March 02, 2012 8:05 AM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 2:14 AM
  • Hey

I got it to work with the following way:

Press ALT, open menu Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab > click on Internet icon > click on Custom level

then find "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" and select "Enable" or "Prompt" for more security > click ok two times and

goto the website, now there should appear a cab file to be install, (if not press update), press install and it should work

Friday, March 02, 2012 8:29 AM
  • Hi, I was able to go to the site and got the login screen without any changes. However, it keeps telling login failed. I added the site to trusted site, lower security on everything and still no luck. I wanted to go back to IE8 to get it working again but now Windows 7 say IE8 is not compatible.
    Monday, March 26, 2012 10:04 PM
  • have you set up  yr port forward for yr cctv ..... also check your ip as if its not static it will change every now and then
    Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:16 AM
  • to help ive put on a web page the pdf and office document the way i did it link is below

http://sites.google.com/site/helpwithpcssite/document-downloads

Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:30 AM
  • i have done all above but not working in ie9, fresh windows 7 with ie9 one time its work after , will not view the cam

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

I have same problem. I find that when I make a snap by clicking in my snap icon in inteface, that file is an image that I cant see it in interface.

It shows we recieve images but IE can not show them.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:21 PM
  • i have same problem with IE9, any solution you have fined. please letr me know at:  majed_kanaan@hotmail.com   thank you!
    Friday, October 12, 2012 6:06 AM
  • Just to let you all know, I was unable to get it working on IE9 but I did find a work around.

Download the program called IETester, it lets you run a window of any version of IE from 5 - 10.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:44 PM
  • The suggestion from Mursashi6966 worked for me.  I have IE 10 and have been trying to log into CCTV webDVR.  I would enter my user name and password and it would show me the cameras but I would get no picture.  It worked fine on IE 8.  I used the suggestion from Mursashi6966.  But what I did first was add the IP address to the trusted site.  Then in the custom settings, I set all ActiveX control options to enable.  I logged back into to webDVR and all the pictures showed up.

I usually don't write in forums, but I was so grateful for this solution that I thought I would contribute.  I hope this helps someone.

Monday, August 12, 2013 9:59 PM
  • Yep, worked for me too, thanks a lot! :)
    Friday, December 20, 2013 1:26 AM