none
IE10 links opened in new window/tab does not load

Question

• Hi All,

I had searched for any possible solution but end up with no luck.

I'm normally very good in windows , worked and supported windows since 2000.

Any links opened in new tab from  IE 10 are blank. If I copy the shortcut and paste in an new tab it worked fine.

I tried with Firefox/chrom both worked fine.

So far I tried these stepd with no luck. This is a fresh windows 8 installation. did windows update and all drivers are up to date.

1.Reset IE .

2. re-created a new local a/c

3. disabled completely my antivirus (using norton 2012)

4.disabled all add ons.

I'm a bit disappointed. I can work with firefox but I wanted to use and test it to be able to support other.

regards

JD

• Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:28 PM IE Question (From:Windows 8 General)
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:12 PM

Answers

• I got my solution from that thread. "IE9 open in new window/tab does not load         "

Thanks to PA Bear answers

I ran the IE registry fix, reboot, reset IE to default and reboot again fix it.

• Marked as answer by JDbest Monday, November 12, 2012 5:58 PM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 5:58 PM

All replies

• Have you checked this setting?

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Yes, i checked these settings , they are fine. Like I said I also reset IE ,

I also removed and re-added IE 10 component (add/remove windows features).

Just to recap here is the behavior.

I open a page (any page).

If i click in any link , it will open properly if opened in the same tab. If the link open in a new tab, the page is blank , the url is not exactly the same as when checking the shortcut properties.

Also if I right click on any links and select open in new tab, the same behavior occurs.But if I copy the shortcut of that  link and pasted it in a new tab, it will open well.

The only thing that I had noticed is that any link opened automatically from IE is different when opened in a new tab is different compared when I manually copy and paste in  a new tab.

Hopes these additional info can help.

Thanks

JD

• Edited by d24dodo Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:59 PM
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 8:58 PM
  • 3. disabled completely my antivirus (using norton 2012)

4.disabled all add ons.

So, you are going to have to go further down the clean-boot troubleshooting route and find something else that is causing the interference.   Looks like a consequence of running a popup blocker or ad suppressor.

An alternative approach to diagnosing the symptom would be tracing what is happening using ProcMon.   Then it would probably be best to have a second trace of the desired behaviour to use for comparison purposes.   ProcMon facilitates that approach by allowing you to have more than one window open when you are looking at its saved  .pml  files.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, November 12, 2012 5:46 PM
  • I got my solution from that thread. "IE9 open in new window/tab does not load         "

Thanks to PA Bear answers

I ran the IE registry fix, reboot, reset IE to default and reboot again fix it.

• Marked as answer by JDbest Monday, November 12, 2012 5:58 PM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 5:58 PM
  • Hello, I have a very similar issue. IE10 opens fine, but opening other pages in additional tabs is hit or miss. A given page may fail to load in tab 2, tab 3, then open fine in tab 4.

Reset did not work, clean install of Windows 8 did not work either.

Firefox works perfectly...

Any other suggestions?

Monday, November 12, 2012 8:55 PM
  • I just the suggestion provided by Robear Dyer in that thread.

Located on the same section of this forum. "IE9 open in new window/tab does not load"

(Ican't put the link to the solution as it seemed that my a/c has not been confirmed yet)

It worked for me . You have to reboot twice. Run the registry fix , ie8-rereg.32on64.cmd or ie8-rereg.64on64.cmd depending on your windows version (32 or 64 bits). It worked for me (IE 10) and windows 8

Reboot the pc, Reset IE settings, reboot again, it should worked

JD

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:01 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear this issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 2:14 AM