none
Internet Options greyed out

Question

• I have two options in IE9 Internet Options which are greyed out and I cannot find the GPO or registry settings to activate them so I can modify them using the GUI:

[ ] Delete browser history on exit
    [ ] History (in Delete Browsing History)

I CAN find the GPO/registry settings to modify these settings (including enabling the Delete button which brings up Delete Browing History).  There are MANY MANY examples on the internet of how to disable deleting browser history but that is not my issue.  These are greyed out.  I have the following disabled in User Config\Policies\Windows Components\Internet Explorer:

Configure Delete Browsing History on Exit
    Disable "Configuration History"
    Prevent Deleting Web sites that the User has Visited
    Turn off "Delete Browsing History" functionality

My environment is:
    DCs= Win2008
    Domain functional level: Windows Server2003
    Machine : Win7

I downloaded the Group Policy settings cross reference from Microsoft.  It has an IE policy "Disable changing history settings" but I do not see that in GPO editor.

I've tried running IE without add-ins but still greyed out.

• Edited by TimP_NOLA Friday, June 28, 2013 7:26 PM typo
    Friday, June 28, 2013 4:53 PM

All replies

• I have two options in IE9 Internet Options which are greyed out and I cannot find the GPO or registry settings to activate them so I can modify them using the GUI:

[ ] Delete browser history on exit
    [ ] History (in Delete Browsing History)

I CAN find the GPO/registry settings to modify these settings (including enabling the Delete button which brings up Delete Browing History).  There are MANY MANY examples on the internet of how to disable deleting browser history but that is not my issue.  These are greyed out.  I have the following disabled in User Config\Policies\Windows Components\Internet Explorer:

Configure Delete Browsing History on Exit
    Disable "Configuration History"
    Prevent Deleting Web sites that the User has Visited
    Turn off "Delete Browsing History" functionality

but, it sounds like you are disabling these features?
    If you are setting these settings to anything other than "Not Configured", then you are either "enabling the disablement" or "disabling the disablement"

GPO is often full of double-negative type logic.

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:51 AM
  • Hi,

When did you find this problem? as soon as IE installed? you can try to reset IE in control panel for test.

Control Panel->Network and Internet->Internet Option.

Then reset your IE in Advance setting.

If there is no use, you may be need to reinstall your IE 9.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:10 AM
  • Don:  Yes those 4 are set to disabled.
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:39 PM
  • These "symptoms" in IE have been there for a long time.  I just recently tried to correct this using GPO settings.  I did try IE reset, but that did not work.  I'm experiencing this one two different VMs running Win7.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:43 PM