none
IE stops working and affecting firefox neg and chrome neg. internet running ok. Newly install Win 7

Question

• IE 9 stopped working and affecting firefox neg and chrome neg. already restored several places and dates which will not work. Newly installed Win 7 4-5 days ago!. Cannot remove ie9!! ie9 does not show in CP. Cannot access web on ie9 or chrome with this hd! MY internet WORKS not an internet problem because other computer or web sites work on different hard drives and laptop is working with ie and other browsers.

What I want is a way to remove ie9 and reinstall ie8 or ie9. May have to go to registery but that is all right. When I open ie 9 and enter search the ie goes bannanas and says it is not working now and to close it down. Firefox has a major problem entering search material or if I do get a web page cannot enter id or password etc.

Also tried repair disk and all restore dates. No luck.  I ALSO tried Microsoft fixes with no success.

Something else  is wrong.  There are NO updates that can be UNINSTALLED in the update section.  Nothing in that section!! even though Windows 7 SP1 and many other updates are installed and are listed in the history.

I have just done a full chkdsk. Now I can't even reinstall window 7 on this windows 7 install that I just finished a few days ago.  It says that the new install is OLDER  THAN THE ONE I AM TRYING TO CHANGE.  Both would be or have been installed from the same Windows 7 install disk and are of the same age.    It won't let me reinstall!!!

Friday, April 06, 2012 5:53 PM

Answers

• Jim,

these are public forums, the ppl who answer questions here are not Microsoft employees... they volunteer their time to helping others.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

You question is very confusing.... off topic and it appears beyond the scope of remote support.

as you have a new computer I would suggest that your contact the company that you purchased it from as it will still be under warrenty and make arrangements for a qualified and experience technician to personally re-format your drives and re-install a fresh windows 7 on your new machine...

also ask them to configure your anti-virus program and to activate it for you.

Rob^_^

Monday, April 09, 2012 9:55 PM

All replies

• 1. Your description is confusing.

2. IE9 cannot affect other browsers "neg" (which I suppose to mean "negative" - maybe try to write in full sentences?).

3. If "other" browsers are "affected neg" this means that you have another problem on your system.

4. You yourself found out that you have another serious problem on your system.

5. You want to reinstall your system and avoid doing the same actions that lead to the current status of your system.

IEFAQ: http://iefaq.info

Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:24 PM
  •  IE9 cannot affect other browsers "neg" (which I suppose to mean "negative" - maybe try to write in full sentences?).

BALONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT STILL IS DOING WHAT I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NEG USUALLY MEANS NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

. If "other" browsers are "affected neg" this means that you have another problem on your system.  YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I AM LOOKING TO CORRECT THAT PROB.  WHAT IS A "PROB"?

You yourself found out that you have another serious problem on your system.  Can or May I GET HELP FROM YOU!!!

5. You want to reinstall your system and avoid doing the same actions that lead to the current status of your system.  What did I say about that!!!

I JUST DID OR AT LEAST TRIED!

tHANK YOU FOR YOUR NO HELP!!!

JIM

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Jim,

these are public forums, the ppl who answer questions here are not Microsoft employees... they volunteer their time to helping others.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

You question is very confusing.... off topic and it appears beyond the scope of remote support.

as you have a new computer I would suggest that your contact the company that you purchased it from as it will still be under warrenty and make arrangements for a qualified and experience technician to personally re-format your drives and re-install a fresh windows 7 on your new machine...

also ask them to configure your anti-virus program and to activate it for you.

Rob^_^

Monday, April 09, 2012 9:55 PM