Javascript File API Support in Internet Explorer 9

All replies

• Yeah, i'd like to know plans about FileApi in IE too. Is there a good chance that it will be supported? 
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 8:22 AM
  • I need this information too, I'm planning on incorporating some file API functionality and if it's not supported in IE9 then our customers are likely to move to some other browser. Currently IE is the most recommended browser with our webapp, but we will have to reconsider that if IE9 is not supporting HTML5 standard.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:47 PM
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but neither of these links seems to answer the question. Are supposed to assume that non-existence of any sort of mention of the File API in those documents means that the answer is "no"? If that is the case then I have to wonder why not just say "no"? That would seem more efficient to me.

In any case, I'll assume "no" for now.

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:19 AM
  • Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Those links didn't seem to answer this question at all so I quess it means there will be no support for File API in IE9?

That's a damn shame because File API would be a huge benefit for us, I think we'll have to think switching browser in the future.

Friday, November 26, 2010 5:44 AM