none
IE9 won't open new tabs

Question

• I've searched exhaustively and found nothing that applies to my situation. All the links point to a problem where the new tab opens but displays nothing.

My problem is different. When I click on a link that should open a new tab, the new tab doesn't open. IE acts like nothing happend. Once in this state, when if I try to open a new tab by clicking on the mini-tab, nothing happens.

I've cleared my cache and reset IE to defaults twice. I had an ad blocker which expired and I removed (but there could be something lingering).

I have checked all the add-on's carefully and only flash and silverlite are enabled (I tried disabling these and it makes no difference).

Does anyone know how to dig into the inards of IE to find out what's going on?

Monday, April 09, 2012 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

May I know if your computer is in domain environment?

I suggest testing the issue in Safe Mode with networking. Meanwhile, you can run hijackthis.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:38 AM

All replies

• this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 (and 10 Consumer Preview) for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Please include your windows and IE versions and more information about how you 'removed' the un-named ad blocker. This seems to be the most likely reason for your issue.

If you are using a company computer, in the first instance you should contact your company's Help Desk or system administrators. they will know how to "dig into the inards of IE to find out what's going on"

Rob^_^

Monday, April 09, 2012 10:05 PM
  • Hi,

May I know if your computer is in domain environment?

I suggest testing the issue in Safe Mode with networking. Meanwhile, you can run hijackthis.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:38 AM
  • Trend Micro killed my hard drive. I wouldn't TOUCH one of their products. Any other suggestions?
    • Edited by fran246 Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:17 PM
    Sunday, April 22, 2012 6:17 PM