none
IE10 has problems with several sites and javascript?

Question

• Just wonder if anybody else has experienced such problems with sites using dyanmic javascript i.e. ajax - reading data in the background?

I noted this during testing - but you expect it to be fixed around release ... so during test I actually had to start using Chrome. Never used it before.

However, IE10 still does not work with i.e. my netbanking - 2 different banks. Actually there's a lot of sites with dynamic javascripting where IE10 does not seem to work.
    I.e. dynamic javascript filters, buttons and so on. There is no problem in 3rd party browsers lik

• Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:45 AM Moved to IE10 (From:Windows 8 General)
    Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to use the compatibility mode to check the result.

You can press F12 to change Browser Mode and Document Mode.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, September 14, 2012 9:06 AM
  • there's a lot of sites with dynamic javascripting where IE10 does not seem to work.

Be more precise.   What exactly does "does not seem to work" mean?   E.g. no response from Host?  100% CPU?  

FWIW I think that there are some sites with horrendous performance issues, so bad that what I have done is change the priority of the iexplore.exe task so I can use my machine for something else while waiting.   Changing to a "compatibility view" has not had any effect in such cases.   You just have to wait for whatever it is that they are doing to happen.   Also, I think that IE may be very much affected by low resources (e.g. low RAM or slow paging).   I had a taste of that while my Tablet was away being repaired while trying to get my old NT class system (originally 64MB but upgraded to 512 MB) working on XPsp3.   On some sites IE was absurdly slow but causing so much overhead that I was wondering if it would cause the hardware to malfunction due to overheating or overuse!   My impression is that current developers don't pay very much attention to algorithmic complexity when they are designing their solutions and just expect that there will be enough resources to throw at whatever it is that they provide to let it proceed regardless of how inefficient their solution might be.

---

Friday, September 14, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Please try to use the compatibility mode to check the result.

Ok, thanks for reminding me. So I just went through the use of compatibility views.

For instance, for site www.ddb.dk the left quick menu was gone on that site using IE10 and Windows 8 RTM.

Now - the compatibility view button was there in the url address bar - as well IE>Tools>Compatibility View checked ... all automatically by IE for that page.

F12 however would not state the browser mode to be Internet Explorer 10 Compability Mode - but browser mode Internet Explorer 10

So some mismatch?

I pressed the compatibility view button in the url address bar and the page crashed.

The page reloaded - but still same mismatched state. Instead of the gui button I now went to IE>Tools>Compatibility View and uncheck it. Then check it Again while observing the state change (using F12). So compatibility view in IE switched off and on again.

Now when compability view is at work - the state for browser mode in F12 or developer view is also Internet Explorer 10 Companility Mode. Mismatch fixed?

I had a problem with this domain account - and all domain accounts - regarding browsing history. I may be discovered a System attribute is not set for the History folder when Windows 8 migrates domain accounts. May be this issue relates to this potential problem with domain accounts - i.e. more problems (i.e. the mismatched browser mode state until compatibility view is switched off and then back on)? See that thread here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w8itprogeneral/thread/cb00dcca-e2ed-4d01-b07f-ad5452638bce/#6b4dc9f3-10ed-4a77-b109-eca01c7834e0

Friday, September 14, 2012 9:25 PM
  • Some buttons and the chat function on facebook don't work.

It a Java Script error.

SCRIPT5007

Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:32 AM
  • There are IE10 issues under Win8 which are very frustrating.

1) javascript error, often when printing html, seems to be related to missing directory, possible font directory in some profiles. I've seen some traffic about tracing to determine the needed directory and then creating it, empty. I will have to test.

2) history is not working when using a domain account. Works OK with local account. Apprently has something to do with use of existing domain roaming profile. Trying to find solution short of one suggestion I've read to erase the roaming profile to force creation of new one.

We saw these issues during testing. They should have been addressed. I'm trying to review Win8 and evaluate for possible migration. I'm already struggling with the idea of moving from Live Mesh to SkyDrive. I shouldn't have to fix these problems as well. Any healp would be appreciated.

Scott Gurvey

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:28 PM
  • We saw these issues during testing.

Incredibly, in the case of printing things are worse.   I used to suggest using  XPS Document Writer as a workaround to all the security related issues that cause problem symptoms with printing under IE9.  Now apparently support for that workaround is being removed "by design".   So I have had to find another workaround for that:  printing to Journal Note Writer works and then printing to XPS Document Writer can be done to make a (more portable)  .xps  file.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:38 PM
  • Hi,

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated website lists from Microsoft", uncheck "Display all sites in Compatibility View"

<dir>

HTML1200: danskebank.dk is on the Internet Explorer Compatibility View List ('C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml').

personal.aspx

when asking a question it is helpful if you include the address of any website you are having problems with so that we can have a look for ourselves.

</dir>

Rob^_^

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:20 AM
  • On MY newly loaded Win8Pro system IE10 fails on ALL print or print preview attempts.

Trying to print THIS page I get a script error pop-up, error in script...., line 1791, char 1, error invalid argument, code 0, url res://ieframe/preview.js

Do you want to continuing running scripts.....

Scott Gurvey

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52 PM
  • On MY newly loaded Win8Pro system IE10 fails on ALL print or print preview attempts.

Do you have Journal Note Writer to use?   Same idea as previously using XPS Document Writer except that now we can't use that.   Otherwise you are going to have to elevate the task or otherwise set Protected Mode: Off--same "solution" to printing problems as has been advised for IE9 users in KB973479

---

Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:51 AM
  • I have similar problems with JavaScript in a Google Maps application using ajax for loading markers from a database. The marker click event doesn't work in IE10 on Windows 7. It works fine in IE9, IE10 in compatible mood and other browsers.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:08 AM
  • This is a problem with different Script Engines (Chrome V8, Firefox IonMonkey, IE). Every Engine make his own behavoiur optimisation in (preload etc.) If the side is not well tested and adoped to the main browsers the side owner exclude the potentiual customers and get no business

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Here is just another issue of IE10 not working with a website. This instance is Nokia beta site ... so that's just great for Windows and Windows Phone users ... http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials?ns=true (try pressing page 2 or page 3). Works fine in Chrome. Works for anybody in IE10 (i.e. is there some plugin doing this ... I just have the regular ones ... Java, Win8 built-in Flash ... and Microsofts own from Office etc.)

I have observed several issues like this since the previews of Windows 8 and IE 10 ... and the problem remains. Thus still not a Google Chrome user ... however, Google Chrome became necessary since IE10 and the previews ... because a lot of websites stopped working with IE10. So Win8 previews and IE10 forced me into having Google Chrome installed on the side.

Monday, May 13, 2013 10:38 PM
  • Works for anybody in IE10

?  Was that a typo for something else?   FWIW  yes, it works fine for me in IE10 on W8.   (I'll try to remember to check on W7 too when I go back there.   <w>)
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 3:58 AM
  • I recently upgraded my browser to IE 10.  Now the JavaScript drop down menu does not work on our web site.  By not working I mean that when I run my cursor over an item it changes colors as it should, but the sub menus do not drop down.  I went to F12 and changed back to IE9 and the menu works.  This happens on any computer I have access to.  Our customers who go to this site who are using IE10 will not necessarily know about this and will think it is our site that has the problem.

Is there a script I can use to make the menu compatible with IE10 or will MS fix this?

Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:11 PM
  • http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials?ns=true (try pressing page 2 or page 3).

(I'll try to remember to check on W7 too when I go back there.   <w>)

It works fine here too.   An alternative which also works is to change the number of items per page.   Then for this particular result there only is 1 page (so no link to worry about <eg>).
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:46 PM