none
IE10 - Internet Explorer has stopped working (Windows 8)

Question

• I've only noticed this happening in Facebook, but I could be wrong. After a while I will get the error "Internet Explorer has stopped working". Afterwards, I get a box saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then, my only option is to CLOSE PROGRAM. I don't even get the option to search for a solution.

I also have Windows 8 if that matters. Windows 8 and IE 10 are both new to me. Just got a new tower a few weeks ago and have been dealing with learning Windows 8 and IE randomly giving me this error. Where do I start?

Thanks!!

Sunday, March 24, 2013 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please launch Internet Explorer 10 with no add ons and see if IE still crashes.
    Press the Winkey + R
    Type: iexplore.exe -extoff

If the above cannot help, please test the issue in the clean boot mode to exclude the third party factors.

Clean boot - If you don’t experience the same crashes in Safe Mode, it’s very likely a startup item is causing the issue. Follow the steps found on the following link to perform a clean boot and pinpoint the item causing the issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please launch Internet Explorer 10 with no add ons and see if IE still crashes.
    Press the Winkey + R
    Type: iexplore.exe -extoff

If the above cannot help, please test the issue in the clean boot mode to exclude the third party factors.

Clean boot - If you don’t experience the same crashes in Safe Mode, it’s very likely a startup item is causing the issue. Follow the steps found on the following link to perform a clean boot and pinpoint the item causing the issue:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I've only noticed this happening in Facebook, but I could be wrong. After a while I will get the error "Internet Explorer has stopped working". Afterwards, I get a box saying "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Then, my only option is to CLOSE PROGRAM. I don't even get the option to search for a solution.

I also have Windows 8 if that matters. Windows 8 and IE 10 are both new to me. Just got a new tower a few weeks ago and have been dealing with learning Windows 8 and IE randomly giving me this error. Where do I start?

Thanks!!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:31 PM
  • Do you have Internet Explorer 10 upgrade? If so this could be the problem, there are many bugs in it that cause it to close.

To check if you have Internet Explorer 10:

-Open Internet Explorer

-In the right top hand corner is a wheel, click

-Scroll to About internet explorer

This will tell you if you have 10.

If you do, to uninstall the Windows upgrade of Internet Explorer 10.

You do this under updates section of your desktop and find the IE10 update and right click to uninstall.

Hope this helps! :)

-

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:37 PM