none
Failed to get data for "Default Scope"

Question

• IE8

Win7 home premium

A teen age friend of the family installed chrome on the system (badly). Now when I launch IE8 ( and I wish to remove chrome), I get error : failed to get data for Default Scope

How do I fix this so I can remove chrome.

THX

John Lenz

Saturday, October 27, 2012 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Programs and features

locate the Chrome browser and the Chrome Frame Browser helper in the list of installed programs and then click the uninstall button to uninstall them from your computer.

then (to reset IE as your default webbrowser (Chrome hijacks the default web browser setting) go

Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs tab, click "Make Default" and check "Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser"

for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from Ie and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this public forum (we do not work for nor represent MS) is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

for instructions/help in removing chrome from your computer try support.google.com

Rob^_^

Saturday, October 27, 2012 9:23 PM