none
Uninstall Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8

Question

• Hello,

i can't find any help to uninstall IE 10 in Windows 8. Is it possible? Becouse I need this step to run a Programm.

Thanks

Dennis

Saturday, October 27, 2012 11:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sorry that is not possible....

contact the website from where you downloaded the program... it sounds like their website has been programmed incorrectly and does not recognise IE10...

when asking a question it is helpful if you can provide any links to websites you are having problems with so we can visit the site and investigate the issue.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 10. However, we can turn off the Internet Explorer 10 feature via Programs and Features.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry that is not possible....

contact the website from where you downloaded the program... it sounds like their website has been programmed incorrectly and does not recognise IE10...

when asking a question it is helpful if you can provide any links to websites you are having problems with so we can visit the site and investigate the issue.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Sunday, October 28, 2012 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, we cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 10. However, we can turn off the Internet Explorer 10 feature via Programs and Features.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:08 PM
  • Can I install IE 8 if I disable IE 10 under Windows 8?

With Joy Wend Your Way

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:20 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my test, we cannot install Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 8.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

Sunday, October 28, 2012 5:31 PM
  • I need this step to run a Programm.

What does that mean?   Is the other program being run under IE?  Then you should try using Compatibility View or a User-Agent spoof via the Developer Tools.  Is the other program looking (somehow) at the default browser and not happy to see that it's a version of  iexplore.exe?  Then you could try changing the default browser.   Is the other program looking at the default browser and expecting to see an IE User-Agent string other than IE10's?  Then perhaps you could use ProcMon to find out what it is looking at and temporarily modify that appropriately?  Otherwise you will need to find a solution involving virtualization.  Apparently, the only MS solution in W8 is now Hyper-V, if your hardware supports that; otherwise you could install Oracle's VirtualBox (or some other third-party VM Host), then install W7 in it, then use the IE8 in that W7 VM (assuming that the presence of IE8 will be sufficient for "to run a Programm."; otherwise go lower, e.g. install XP and get IE6.  Etc.)

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, October 29, 2012 5:25 PM