none
Every download ends with "XYZ program contained a virus and was deleted"

Question

• This happens on anything I try to download.  I have closed my AVG, Zone Alarm, Spybot Search & Destroy & Ad-Aware, checked add-ons, etc.  I have searched forums for many hours without a solution.  I am using IE9 with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1.  I don't have the save ecrypted files checked and have made sure Shockwave is enabled.  I have tried every option on every forum I can find & I still have this problem.  Please help.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This kind of issue is mostly related to anti-virus software. Generally, when you open a file that you save from the Internet, Windows would tell the registered antivirus program to scan the file.

Please navigate to the following registry path:

Please backup your registry first.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments

Set the value of registry entry ScanWithAntiVirus as 1.

What is the result?

Meanwhile, generally, it is recommended to install only one anti-virus software in Windows 7.

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 2:19 AM