none
Can't move tool bars in IE 11 in Windows 8.1

Question

• Where I used to be able in previous versions of Internet Explorer move, resize etc, my various toolbars, I don't seem to be able to unlock the toolbars in IE 11.  When I right click all I get is info on the tool bar that is there nothing to unlock the whole toolbar system to allow me to move things.

IanC

Monday, November 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here are two steps you can try:

1. Re-open IE with No Add-on mode
    2. Reset Internet Explorer settings

If this issue still persists, Please locate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar, find the DWORD Vaule named Locked. To unlock this toolbar, please set this value to 0(Hexadecimal). If this value is not there, please try to manually create it and set it to 0.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (Help>Online Support menu from IE)... Include with your questions the full address of any websites you are having issues with.

The setting for locking toolbar positions is View>Toolbars>Lock the toolbars...

some old versions of some addon toolbars are known to reposition themselves regardless of the browser settings. Check with the addon vendor sites for updates to their addons.

regards.

Rob^_^

Tuesday, November 26, 2013 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

Here are two steps you can try:

1. Re-open IE with No Add-on mode
    2. Reset Internet Explorer settings

If this issue still persists, Please locate to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar, find the DWORD Vaule named Locked. To unlock this toolbar, please set this value to 0(Hexadecimal). If this value is not there, please try to manually create it and set it to 0.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:55 AM