none
Cannot download anything from MSDN

Question

• I cannot download anything from MSDN. I am using Windows 7 Professional x64 and IE9.

When I click on a download link, I get the following message:

Followed by this message:

At the moment, it seems like the only workaround is to use Firefox when I need to dwnload from MSDN.  Is this the official Microsoft workaround?

Thursday, November 10, 2011 6:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand some certain resources must be downloaded by File Transfer Manager

If you see an information bar at the top of Internet Explorer that says "This site might require the following ActiveX control..." then the Microsoft Program web site from where you had initiated the transfer was trying to install new FTM client on your computer and the installation was blocked. You can do one of the following:

1.       Dismiss the error dialog. Right click on the information bar and choose to install ActiveX control. Initiate the transfer again from the Microsoft Program web site.

2.       Alternatively, you can install FTM client from following link and then initiate the transfer again from the Microsoft Programs web site.

http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/TransferSource/FTMSetup.msi

If you do not see an information bar, then the issue could have occurred due to your computer or network configured to block ActiveX controls. You can resolve this by first checking whether you already have the current version of FTM client.

If you don't have current version of FTM client then you can install it from following link and try initiating the transfer again from MSDN.

http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/default.aspx?target=install

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Thursday, December 01, 2011 9:10 AM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:00 AM