none
Internet Explorer "Not Responding" Fix

Question

• I have found that after several weeks of constant "not responding" messages while doing a search function on any of the three major search engines - when I made Google Chrome my default browser that all problems ceased.  

But silly me...I continued to click on the "e" on my desktop to access the internet and that was going back to internet Explorer as the browser so I deleted all the "e" shortcuts from the desktop, taskbars, etc and just click on the Google icon to access the internet and all worked out perfectly.  I know that I didn't have to "delete" the "e" shortcuts but why leave clutter on the desktop if I won't be using them anymore.

Monday, February 14, 2011 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Usually, it is not suggested to have multiple internet browser installed at the same time. That may cause conflict.

For Internet Explorer "Not Responding" issue, it can be caused due to corrupt third party add-ons or temp files.

At this point, if you would like to disable IE, there is settings from control panle->program and features->Turn Windows features on or off.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Usually, it is not suggested to have multiple internet browser installed at the same time. That may cause conflict.

For Internet Explorer "Not Responding" issue, it can be caused due to corrupt third party add-ons or temp files.

At this point, if you would like to disable IE, there is settings from control panle->program and features->Turn Windows features on or off.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:13 AM
  • @Magon Liu I know your from Microcrap and you will remove this post.  Thats crap.  Other programs work together and Microcrap does not like to work with anything.  You also dont fix anything.  It is a way to get a monopoly on the computer market.  Thats it. 

I get updates from Microcrap all the time that does not help my computer work better....ussually it works worse after update.  I have one computer that has not been connected to interent on purpose for years that still get manadtory updates.  How can it get notice that update is needed when it can NOT comunicate to internet?  Does not Compute.  ERROR! ERROR!

message "micrcrap has stopped working"  No Shalzbut!  You wont fix it.  Its been around for years. 

Guess what?  When its time for a new computer I will get Google Cloud *ALL HAIL GOOGLE!*  or Mac.....COmputers that work!  ANd work FAST!

Check out my Facebook.  Im posting last couple lines

Im not a disloyal customer....Just fed up

Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:49 PM
  • Sorry for what you have gone through. Please understand that we can provide steps according to the most possible causes that have been proved working. Most issues involve third party software or driver.

For further troubleshooting on this kind of crash issue, we need to debug into the process and registry which third party program might have placed wrong.

A suggestion would be to contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support (CSS) via telephone so that a dedicated Support Professional can assist with your request. Please be advised that contacting phone support will be a charged call.

To obtain the phone numbers for specific technology request please take a look at the web site listed below:

Microsoft - Help and Support
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;PHONENUMBERS

If you are outside the US please see Microsoft Worldwide Home for regional support phone numbers.
    http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/

Wednesday, March 02, 2011 2:30 AM
  • Sorry to inform You, but I have been running with 2 Browsers for 10 yrs, and NOW it becomes a Problem? WRONG ANSWER. This problem only started about 1 month ago for Me. IE8 DOESN'T Work properly on XP SP3, IE7 Pauses on Load up and sometimes returns with NOT RESPONDING. What did you Brainiacs do to CAUSE these Problems. It was Fine for 10 yrs and NOW it's BROKE, and You CAN'T Fix it..

Friday, June 10, 2011 4:35 PM
  • I have the same problem.  So do others that I work with.  I remeber the day when google would open instantly.  Now I sit there for 10 seconds on a brand new machine with 8GB of RAM.  Not sure what the problem is, but disabling all addons does not help.
    Friday, October 21, 2011 1:48 AM
  • disabling all addons does not help.

So now you will have take more severe fault isolation methods.   E.g. assume there is interference from third-party programs which do not respect the No Add-ons request and so either disable them or remove them.   In the past products from Google have fit that category.

---

Friday, October 21, 2011 1:00 PM
  • Well said Robert, My network has a firewall which doesn't even allow microsoft.com. Recently microsoft update sites were allowed and right away most of the users got these "IE 6 crashes when searching in Google" issues.

Upon checking I understood that several security updates got installed through automatic updates. We had tried removing all updates, Still issue was there.

Upon restarting a few machines the system was asking for authentication to "Install downloaded updates", which in turn installed Internet explorer 8.

So it really has got something to do with the security updates or patches. Please refer the below forum as well

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ieitpropriorver/thread/66a3813f-2238-4d46-a18f-883d42beb333

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 24, 2011 8:02 AM
  • Newer IE browsers support a feature called Search Suggestions which Google apparently calls Instant Predictions or  Google Instant  for a feature name.

http://www.google.com/instant/

So, if you have that enabled I suggest you turn it off.   IE6 was created long before that feature appeared.

Kudos to Robert
    • Proposed as answer by Shourie Monday, October 31, 2011 10:55 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 10:55 AM
  • I only use Yahoo and do'nt use the E.
    Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:33 PM
  • This is old but i figured I would reply since i am finding this info in my search feed. But they are very likely correct. There is updates for the browsers. Some updates wont cause conflict some will. Just because you have had it two years and now have a problem dosnt mean a thing.
    Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:20 PM