none
IE9 very slow performance over Remote Desktop

Question

• I just updated from IE8 to IE9. I now work from home and suddenly discovered that the performance of IE9 is VERY SLOW when browsing through a RDP connection. I wonder if this is related to DirectX accelleration? The target computer is running Win7x64.

I.e. scrolling is very slow.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:51 PM

All replies

• I just updated from IE8 to IE9. I now work from home and suddenly discovered that the performance of IE9 is VERY SLOW when browsing through a RDP connection. I wonder if this is related to DirectX accelleration? The target computer is running Win7x64.

I.e. scrolling is very slow.

Hi got the same problem. with and without software rendering.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Same problem here.  I suspect it may be video card related.  I have two PCs I remote into.  The one that has a graphics card that supports GPU hardware acceleration is fine, but the older PC with onboard video is unusable with IE9/Remote Desktop.  IE9 has an advanced setting relating to this, but that didn't help me - I will just go back to IE8 on the old PC or use another browser until I add a graphics card with GPU acceleration.  I'm only going on a hunch here (want a new card anyways).  Both systems are Win 7 x64 SP1.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:18 PM