none
Internet Explorer 11 Not Responding (Blank Screen)

Question

• Whenever I open my Internet Explorer 11(Windows 8.1), It sometimes opens, and it says it doesn't respond. 

I've already Reset the Internet Explorer Settings, I've also turned on the GPU rendering, and Security Enhanced Protected Mode.

Also, i know it's not an add on, because it's not working on an no add on tab also. 

Any Help?

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:16 AM

All replies

• Link 1

Link2

Both LInk Help You 

DushYant'

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:29 AM
  • thanks for the help, but those havent solved my issue. :(
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:37 AM
  • Update Your OS 

DushYant'

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Hi,

First, please ensure you're getting all updates for Internet Explorer

I also would like to suggest you run the fixit below to fix the issue:

Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/ie_performance_and_safety

In addition, you may try clean boot to check the issue, make sure whether it is caused by a program or service. If the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, you can continue to narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

You may also check the event log to see the detailed information and the clue of the root cause.

What information appears in event logs (Event Viewer)?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Hopefully you could resolve your issue soon.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:41 AM
  • I'm so sorry, i just saw this, but the clean boot didnt do it for the Windows 8.1, and also i tried the no add ons, but it freezes automatically, and says it doesn't respond. Also, when i try opening, sometimes it doens't even open, it just high lights the internet explorer then fades away. What should i look for in the Event Viewer?
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:49 AM
  • help?
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

First, you may recheck if there is any latest updates for IE.

1.Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    2.Enter Windows Update in the search box, and then tap or click Install optional updates.
    3.Tap or click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your PC.
    4.If updates are found, tap or click Install updates.

Please also check the folloiwng settings:

1. Turn on Compatibility View. You can only turn on Compatibility View when using Internet Explorer for the desktop.
    2. Turn off Tracking Protection for the site you're on.
    3. Turn off hardware acceleration. To turn off hardware acceleration, open Internet Explorer for the desktop, tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Internet Options. Tap or click the Advanced tab, select Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering, and then tap or click OK. You must close and reopen Internet Explorer for changes to take effect.

Meanwhile, you may temporarily disable 3 third party anti-virus, check if some of them block the connection.

Please also open task manager, view if there are some abnormal performance.

I would like to suggest you check the Internet Explorer under Applications and Services logs in Event Viewer to see the detailed information for further research.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:09 AM
  • i cant open internet explorer at all, so i cant turn compatibility settings, i cant even open the internet, ill try the other responses, thanks alot for your help, ill be back with a followup.
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:32 AM
  • 1.okay so i tried the task manager, theres nothing about internet explorer.

2. The Event manager, i checked the history, so there is nothing about iE, at all, it says zero about the internet

3.I have yet to change the settings because i don't know how, 

4. Lastly, there were no updates

I don't know if this will help, but on some of the windows features, it freezes as well, like when i go to the control panel, and click on the internet options, and i click on the advance tab, it usally freezes. I don't know if that will help, but thanks for your time, any more suggestions? 

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:40 AM
  • also, the fixit doent work formy laptop, and there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation point before, i fixed it by looking at a different forum, i forget what i did, because it was so long ago. 
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:19 AM
  • when i go to the control panel, and click on the internet options, and i click on the advance tab, it usually freezes.

Try doing that in a safe mode boot, starting from an elevated cmd window, if necessary.  Note that you can use Task Manager to start any program elevated, using the Create New Task dialog, using the File menu.

Actually you don't even need to open Control Panel itself to do RIES.   E.g.  start:

control.exe  inetcpl.cpl,,6

to open in the Advanced tab directly.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:18 AM
  • i'm sorry i dont understand what you mean can you restate it?

Thursday, January 09, 2014 11:08 PM