none
I hate IE9 how can I go back to IE8?

Question

• I updated to IE9 today and I hate it! Nothing is in the right place and my search box is not on the toolbar. I am a full time student at Oral Roberts University and after I downloaded IE9 I could not get to my email, which is Novell WebAccess through the school. It would let me log in and then when it got to the page that was upposed to display my email it was completely blank. How do I get back to IE8? and please don't offer an update until ALL the bugs are worked out!! This is ridiculous!!
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 7:42 AM

Answers

• To uninstall Internet Explorer 9

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Note
    After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.

See: "How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?".

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 7:47 AM

All replies

• To uninstall Internet Explorer 9

The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.

2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

Note
    After you uninstall Internet Explorer 9, the previously installed version of Internet Explorer will be available on your computer. It is not necessary to reinstall.

See: "How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?".

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Saturday, October 08, 2011 7:47 AM
  • I have similar problems with IE9. It is very slow, probably because it treats javascripts quite peculiar.

Now I want to install W7 on an empty computer. Is there a trick to simuultaneously install IE8?

Sjin Lau

Monday, October 10, 2011 9:27 PM
  • "To uninstall Internet Explorer 9:

1. Click the Start button

DUHH, where is the start button in IE 9?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:08 AM
  • Thank you Vincenzo -- Microsoft certainly doesn't make it easy sometimes.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:48 AM
  • You're welcome & Thanks for your feedback, WordmasterNorthVan.

Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:55 AM