none
Inability to print to networked Samsung M2825DW Printer from IE 11

Question

• I recently installed a Samsung M2825 printer on my network. Now I'm unable to print to that printer from IE 11.  I get the following error message:

"There was an internal error and Internet explorer is unable to print this document."

I can print to my other printers (HP Photosmart and HP LaserJet) but not to the Samsung.  Furthermore, I can print to all three printers without difficulty from Firefox 26.0.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP 1, 32 Bit.

Any suggestions?

Friday, December 20, 2013 2:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I couldn't find that model number at the Samsung website?

Start>Control Panel>Action Center to see if there are new driver updates available from the manufacturer.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, December 20, 2013 4:13 AM
  • The printer model number is actually SL-M2825DW.  I updated to the latest driver when I installed the printer.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 7:07 AM
  • I recently installed a Samsung M2825 printer on my network. Now I'm unable to print to that printer from IE 11.

Can you print using an elevated IE window (or essentially just with Protected Mode: Off, so possibly even just from a Trusted site)?  Can you print to XPS Document Writer and then print the resulting .xps file?  Some printers now have a native XPS driver. If yours does too that could be your solution.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, December 20, 2013 4:55 PM
  • Tried printing turning protected mod off as well to XPS Document Writer, no joy :(

Friday, December 20, 2013 9:50 PM
  • Hi,

Have you tried printing a webpage running IE as an administrator?

Also, third party extensions or add-ons can affect printing from IE. So i recommend you attempt to run in No Add-on mode to try printing.

Thanks!

Andy Altmann
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 7:39 AM
  • Tried that as well without success.
    Monday, January 06, 2014 9:05 PM