none
internet explorer not responding

Question

• Hi

My internet explorer keeps freezeing.I only use msn and it started just when i used the hotmail to pick up my mail.But now it freezes and comes up not responding in the bar box at the bottom of the page on anything i do on the internet. I asked pc performance for advise and all they could come up with was dump everything on computer and reboot after we tried system restore and looking for malware(nothing helped or found). Is there somthing easier i can do. I keep bumping to people with the same proublem,so im glad its not just me. We cant all reboot.

please help im at a loss and not very knowledgeable about computers. I have got everything else just as i can use it.i need to avoid reboot.

Saturday, February 11, 2012 12:55 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried to set IE settings? If not, please follow the steps in the KB article and check the result.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If IE still freezes, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall IE.

1. Click Start Button, click Control Panel.
    2. Click Programs, then click Turn Windows features on or off under Programs and Features.
    3. Uncheck Internet Explorer 9.
    4. Click OK and restart the computer.

5. After restarting the computer, please redo step 2 and 3 to reselect Internet Explorer 9.

If the issue persists, please upload the IE logs for further research:

"%windir%\logs\ie9_nr_setup.log"
    "%windir%\ie9_main.log"
    "%windir%\ie9.log"
    "%windir%\ie9_uninst.log"

Best regards,

Della Li

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:36 AM

All replies