none
Browser Updates

Question

• Yahoo keeps asking me to let them update my browser in order to use my e-mail optimally.  I thought that Microsoft automatically makes all updates available.  I am concerned that Yahoo will run amook and make changes that I don't use or need, not to mention make changes that will confuse a tech-nonsavvy person like myself.

HOWEVER, independently of Yahoo, my browser frequently shuts down and I must get it restarted.  (Is this a connectivity problem?)  I'm wondering if this is being caused because all updates for Explorer have not been installed, and that these updates are the same ones that Yahoo wants to install.

Thank you, jls

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 9:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is your Internet Explorer version?

As you said, your browser closed randomly, this would be caused by many factors, I suggest you check online for updates from Microsoft Update, install the important updates.

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:44 AM