ie7 and DEP BEX error -

Question

•  

Concerning ie7 & Vista: re BEX problem and DEP shut down of ie7; things that worked for me (so far: )

Unconnect from any DSL, ISP etc. connections.

Restart Machine

Uninstall Adobe Reader

Uninstall Yahoo Tools

Restart Machine (unconnected)

Start IE7 -  take your time, check add-ons, make adjustments but step by step or one thing at a time... 

Connect to ISP

See What Happens

Happy Trails

Kindly

Augurwell

Monday, March 10, 2008 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Try following steps:

Reset Internet Explorer (IE) & register files
    ==========
    1.      Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
    2.      Switch to the Advanced tab.
    3.      Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
    4.      Click Reset to confirm the operation.
    5.      Click Close when the resetting process finished.
    6.      Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box.
    7.      Click Apply, click OK.

More information:

926449 Internet Explorer 7 does not start or stops responding
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;926449

Hope this helps.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try following steps:

Reset Internet Explorer (IE) & register files
    ==========
    1.      Click Start, please type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search bar and press Enter to open the Internet options window.
    2.      Switch to the Advanced tab.
    3.      Click the Reset Internet Explorer Settings button.
    4.      Click Reset to confirm the operation.
    5.      Click Close when the resetting process finished.
    6.      Uncheck Enable third-party browser extensions option in the Settings box.
    7.      Click Apply, click OK.

More information:

926449 Internet Explorer 7 does not start or stops responding
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;926449

Hope this helps.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:51 AM
  • I tried you suggestion but it did not solve this problem.  I have this problem mainly occur while using Internet Explorer over VPN to a companyweb space in SBS 2003.

Any other ideas?

Monday, August 04, 2008 9:34 PM
  • Hello,
    I had this very same problem, Here is how I fixed mine.
    In control panel Find Network and Internet/ Network and Sharing Center
    Find "Manage Browser Addons" click it,
    Internet Properties box should open,
    Navigate to - Advanced Tab/ Security/
    Un tic the checkbox for "Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks"
    Solved my problem.
    Good luck
    Friday, September 05, 2008 11:32 PM
  • I search out my system and found these interesting things. had received 2 updates from MS on vista on the 22/aug.

My Skype/ vid-on-line access server was down/crashed on the 16/aug. I was visting a minn. tv station in china that was covering the games. On the 23/aug., I lost IE 7's connection to the internet. At the same time my iolo firewall updating module, exe became infested with chinese symbols. and the Mcafee virus program was somehow deleted. search out files dated 8/16/2008 thru 8/23/2008. also check out chinese "lang." upgrade dates. I also found a MS tech. note in my system about finding 2 completely installed IE 7 programs. Skype opens firewall ports and Vista may not see this. I did notice that there are no virus on system. Memory does not allow uneven bits of data to be sent to it-self .And the Internet page looks different when opening. I am searching over 1 million files and have not finished. I am using a direct upgrade program module to repair it on line, there by not using IE 7.

Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:51 AM
  • I also have this problem, I go to the IE setting and disable the third-party browser extension, then the IE alright adi. But, I want to fnd a real solution to it as I need to use 3rd party browser extention.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:43 AM
  • This worked for me, too. Thanks!
    Tuesday, October 28, 2008 2:18 AM
  • Had the same issue pop up BEX error with ie8 only found out what it was after I opened up and read the tech note on the crash reporter so I could look it up. Seems I had invisible ie windows on my desktop crashing while the only window open was firefox and also other application windows. Did the "Turn off mitigation thingy" didnt seem to work then I noticed a file in my Applications folder with a time stamp on it from when I reinstalled windows, this is coming off a fresh format/reinstall.

There was a .exe file in my apps folder called KB39468.exe a Microsoft Corporation Certified file, searched online for it and there where 0 hits, so just in case I renamed it and restarted my comp, guess what no more errors. What a pain in the ____. Also to not during registry cleaning after i did a registry clean, for whatever reason i did it again twice in a row and kept coming up with an un named un used hlk that was in windows, also after i renamed that bogus .exe those also disappeared.
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:41 AM