none
Internet Explorer 9 - Downloads Stop at 99%; Downloads Never Complete.

Question

• Okay, I am really unhappy with Internet Explorer 9 right now.  I cannot download anything, whatsoever.  I tried downloading a picture attachment, which was when I first realized the problem.  The little download bar on the bottom goes as far as 95-99%, when it says "1 second remaining", and it just freezes right there.  I've left the computer and came back an hour later, and it remained that way.

It wasn't just that download.  I've tried downloading firefox, other pictures, itunes, songs, and even tried IE8, and they all froze at "1 second remaining."

So now, I can't even revert back to IE8, because I cannot download anything!

Can somebody please help me?

Friday, October 14, 2011 4:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if you have installed all security updates for Internet Explorer 9?

Based on my knowledge, Microsoft has released a cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer to fix this issue:

MS11-050: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: June 14, 2011

If this issue persists, please boot into Clean Boot mode to check if there is same result.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:13 AM

All replies

• I have recently gotten this issue, and after spending 2-3 hours so far and haven't found a solution aside from posters saying to use Chrome. MS says they fixed this problem in june, but that's not true with me or other people. Here it is Oct 15, and people are still having issues with downloading.

I am going to use Chrome over IE9. good luck, Adamboy20.

Saturday, October 15, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm if you have installed all security updates for Internet Explorer 9?

Based on my knowledge, Microsoft has released a cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer to fix this issue:

MS11-050: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: June 14, 2011

If this issue persists, please boot into Clean Boot mode to check if there is same result.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:13 AM