none
Error with IE 7 error: 0xC0000005

Question

• Hi,

Unhandled exception at 0x7025bcec in iexplore.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation. Recently i have installed a antivirus software (AVIRA). after onwards IE is not working . Whenever i open IE , i am gettting this error "Unhandled exception at 0x7025bcec in iexplore.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation".Moreover i unable to close the IE itself ,  when i close the error window , it again opens the same error window explorer window,  it is keep on opening the error window. 

Thursday, November 01, 2012 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this issue occurred after installing the antivirus software (AVIRA), I suggest you temporarily uninstall it to check the result.

Also, you can perform a system restore to test the issue. If the issue still persists, you can try the following steps:

Reset IE

============

Note: the following steps will disable installed add-ons and reset IE to default settings. We need to re-enable the add-ons after resetting

1. Click the Start Button, type "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.

3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

4. When it finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK twice.

You can also try Clean Boot mode.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 02, 2012 7:48 AM