none
how to use Internet Explorer 11 64 bits rather than the 32 bit version, on Windows 7 familial premium 64 bit

Question

• Hi,

my system : up to date computer, W7 familial premium (64 bit), Internet Explorer 11 (32 bit)

I use this computer on the web to visit just one website, always the same and several hours a day ; this site advocate the use of Internet Explorer 64 bits for more efficiency.

How can I get to install, or switch to the 64 bit version of Internet Explorer, as presently when I try to install a downloaded version, I get as an answer something like "installation not possible because the more up to date version of Internet Explorer is already installed on your computer". Thanks

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

On a 64-bit version of Windows, please click system drive, there should be a “Program Files” and “program Files x86”,  the "Program Files" folder is for 64-bit programs and the "Program Files (x86)" folder is for 32-bit programs, you will find IE11 64 bit has already installed in you system in “Program Files”>”Internet explorer”.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:06 AM

All replies

• Add on to the previous message :   the website advocate the use of IE 64 bit + Java 64 bit rather than IE 32 bit + Java 32 bits
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

On a 64-bit version of Windows, please click system drive, there should be a “Program Files” and “program Files x86”,  the "Program Files" folder is for 64-bit programs and the "Program Files (x86)" folder is for 32-bit programs, you will find IE11 64 bit has already installed in you system in “Program Files”>”Internet explorer”.

Regards,

Yolanda

Yolanda
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Hi Yolanda,

thanks for your clear explanation ; it works fine ; you've answered the question.

Best regards,

FH

Friday, November 22, 2013 9:42 PM