none
Script error when printing - res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Question

• Original post here.  Per follow-up, the troubleshooting steps here and here have been implemented without resolving the issue.  Thank you!

Hi all,

I've tried a number of hotfixes and suggestions to no avail.  Your insight would be greatly appreciated!

System:  Windows Server 2008 R2, up to date, including IE 9

Error: An error has occurred in the script on this page.  Line 2061.  Char 1.  The system cannot find the file specified.  URL res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Issue appears within a specific application that prints via Internet Explorer.  Not sure how to tell whether it is using 32 or 64 bit IE.  Both the application and the Microsoft HTML Help Control Version 6.1 system it leverages generate the error after you have selected a printer and click the actual print button.

Using Process Monitor, the only file system activity that did not match SUCCESS were the following, in the order events occurred:

Operation: IRP_MJ_CREATE Path C:\application\PPS.dll.config Result NAME NOT FOUND Detail Desired Access: Generic Read

Same for C:\application\CPPXlate.dll.config

Lastly, same for C:\application\ieframe.dll:Zone.Identifier

I assume the last item would be the issue but not sure.  Creating empty config files per above remove those errors but the issue persists.

Any tips?  I'm not having much luck monkeying with various Internet Options (e.g. Protected mode enabled across all zones, disabled across all zones, lowering security across all zones, etc).

Thank you for your time!  My apologies if I overlooked any helpful information, please let me know if further details would be helpful.

-cm

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:24 AM

Answers

• Issue resolved per this blog post:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/mrsnrub/archive/2011/11/03/script-error-res-ieframe-dll-preview-js-trying-to-print-from-outlook-2003-in-a-rs-rds-session-with-ie9-installed.aspx

Initially ran through the Fonts workaround prior to posting this - it either required logging out/logging in or the application of the specified hotfix.  Until our vendor rewrites the necessary code, we use Group Policy to create the empty folder per-user.  Thank you Paul Adams!
    Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:45 PM

All replies

• Issue resolved per this blog post:
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/mrsnrub/archive/2011/11/03/script-error-res-ieframe-dll-preview-js-trying-to-print-from-outlook-2003-in-a-rs-rds-session-with-ie9-installed.aspx

Initially ran through the Fonts workaround prior to posting this - it either required logging out/logging in or the application of the specified hotfix.  Until our vendor rewrites the necessary code, we use Group Policy to create the empty folder per-user.  Thank you Paul Adams!
    Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:45 PM
  • Hi,

I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Regards

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 2:11 AM