Internet Explorer Not Working at all

Question

• My daughter was on the computer last night. Magically it stopped working. When I hit the IE shortcut I get c:/program files/internet explorer/iexplorer.exe is not a valid win32 app. I tried to do a system restore and get the "Writter experienced a transient error 0x800423F3. So it doesnt work now either. Says to retry from a different restore point but that dont work either. So I tried to get updates just in case something screwy happened. Cannot get updates, code 80080005. I dont have Norton either. Could it be that she deleted something in IE or a file got corrupted, maybe a virus? Any help would be great.

I have Vista Home and IE8
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:19 PM

All replies

• Hi skipnfamily

Please do the following steps to fix the problem

Close all programs.
    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category
    In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
    In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 8
    If you are still facing problem then mail or chat at suzanee99@live.com so that i can do
    some advance troubleshooting

suzanee

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 12:19 PM
  • Hi skipnfamily

Please do the following steps to fix the problem

Close all programs.
    Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category
    In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
    In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 8
    If you are still facing problem then mail or chat at suzanee99@live.com so that i can do
    some advance troubleshooting

suzanee

I dont believe it is an issue with IE8. I have had that since July 1st. I did a scannow thingy in the Run spot. It actually came up with some files that were corrupted. I have no way of copying them and dont have a printer either. So I took a couple camera phone pics of them just so I know what I am looking for. I am getting to the point that I might just bring it into an IT guy. This sucks. Any other suggestions. How do I fix the corrupt files? I have an HP laptop that  came with everything on it. I dont even know if I have an actual Vista disk.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:58 PM