error msg when closing internet explorer

Question

• hello, i tried to solve my problem by searching it, but could not find anything similar ....
    my computer would be running perfectly normal, i always use health check, and defregmentaion .... however, once am done with IE and close it, an error box pops out saying --> Windows Explorer Erorr, with ONLY a CLOSE button on the bottom left of the box .....  even though the initial IE has already Closed ....

i thought the problem was from the Inernet Explorer, so i downloaded FireFox and used it .... but now i recived the same Error Box after closing one of my Pictuer Folders in my Documents ...

i really dont know what is going on exactlly or how i should fix it ?!!?

i would be greatfull for any Suggestions

p.s. my IE has always been running on NO-Addons
    am running on Microsoft Vista, IE8
    and i have enough space n memory
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 12:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for spending your time on above steps. I really appreciate your cooperation.

Since this error message appears even in a clean boot mode. I would like to suggest that you run sfc/scannow to see if there are any corrupt system files, the sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. Please take the following steps.

a)   Click the Start button, and click All programs, then click Accessories.

b)   Right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator.

c)   Type sfc /scannow, and press 'Enter'.

If the issue persists, try to perform a System Repair.

How to do a Startup Repair

Meanwhile, as you mentioned above, I noticed that your computer fan was noisy during the startup. Based on my experience, there might be some dirt on your CPU or the computer fan might be maturing or corrupted. If computer fan runs abnormally, the height generated by CPU can't be radiated. CPU will cause Windows Explorer to hang when the temperature is high enough.

Therefore, I may suggest that you take the computer to technician to clean up your CPU or replace a new fan.

By the way, the picture you posted in this thread didn’t appear normally. Please upload it to the SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ) and let me know the URL. Thanks

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting your question to Microsoft TechNet Forum. Regarding this issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions.

1.     What is the exact error message you received, is there any error code?  When error message is received, press Ctrl + C if error message appears, and please paste the whole message into this post.

You can either shot a screen or check for any error in Event Viewer. To view Event Log, go to: Start -->Control Panel --> System and Maintenance --> Administrative Tools --> View Event Logs--> Windows Logs--> Application. 

2.     Did this issue occur while you closed Firefox? Did you receive the same error while closing other folders? Is the picture folder created automatically or created manually by yourself? 

3.     Perform a clean boot, and open Internet Explorer then close it to see if the issue occurs. If the issue persists, there might be the problem with user profile. Please create a new user account, and see if the issue occurs. Please take the following steps on how to perform a clean boot.

Clean boot

=======

1)     Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2)     Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3)     Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4)     Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

5)     Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

4.     Have you performed System Restore? If you own an available restore point when the computer worked normally without any problem, please visit the following website to perform System Restore.

How to do a System Restore

Hope this helps

Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:49 AM
  • 1)  the error msg i usually get is ---> Windows Explorer stopped working, closing program <--- it doesnt have any error code in the box that pops out ..
           i tried to get u a screen shot but i did what i usually do when i get this msg (which using IE then closing) but this time the error did not pop out ...
    so i did what u sugested and went to ---> Windows logs --> applications

and found  17,083 events but ofcourse they were not all errors most of them were informations ...and this is some of the errors that i found .. ofcourse i dont know much about computers so i dont know which one exactlly is causing my problem so am pasting different error events hopfully that would give u some clue

Error      3/26/2009 1:08:15 AM    Application Hang              1002       (101)    <---- error is repeted so many times

Error      4/3/2009 1:33:13 PM       Application Error              1000       (100)

Error      3/26/2009 12:53:38 PM  VSS        8194       None

Error      4/25/2009 5:10:27 PM    Search  3013       Gatherer                             <---- error trepeted so many times

Warning               3/27/2009 3:09:44 AM    ESENT   508         Performance    <---- repeted so many times

Warning               3/30/2009 1:07:35 PM    ESENT   510         Performance     <---- repeted

Warning               4/5/2009 5:33:26 PM       AtBroker              0              None

NOTE: in error 1002 (101) comes different info. in general describtion such as:

---> The program Explorer.EXE version 6.0.6001.18164 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: dbc Start Time: 01c9c64e2bc2dbc2 Termination Time: 47

---> The program msnmsgr.exe version 14.0.8064.206 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: f10 Start Time: 01c9c64e327083a2 Termination Time: 94

---> The program QP.exe version 2.4.0.2823 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel. Process ID: cac Start Time: 01c9c4bfa3213570 Termination Time: 73

because i have tried to fullow up with the problem history reports and solutions n tried do downlad some updates that i thought would solve the problem, it didnt work, and i think thats why i had so many WARRNING in there as well 

2)   this issue did not accure while closing FireFox, however; i recieved the same error msg for the 1st time after using FireFox when i closed the pictuer folder I created manually by makin new folder and adding pics in it ...
     P.S. it only happened once in the pictuer folder, and the msg said the same thing ---> Windows Explorer close program <---

3) i am going to prefurm a clean boot right now and hopfully that would work

4) i have never preformed a System Restore, cause my HD is only ayear old ... and i have no idea if i have a restore point or not <-- but doesnt that mean to clen up my whole computer from all the files and programs ?! because when i bought the computer they shiped it new from the company and did not send me any CD with it for windowns or anything else, it came pre instuled ...
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:13 AM
  • Ooh i wanted to mention one more thing, which might help .... NOW every time i turn my laptop on the FAN is laud at 1st for about couple of min. when usually it does not sound so high
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:17 AM
  • ok i did the clean boot ----> my slidebar is not showing, my AVG Anti-Virus Malware Protection is OFF even when i tried to turn it back on it didnt work ...

am going to keep using my pc regulry and see if i get the error again or not .... but for how long tell we determins  what next :)

i really appreciate ur help so much .. You have been great :)
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:39 AM
  • ok i have done the clean Boot and i have been working on since that day ... i still had the same error msg poping out ...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 7:55 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for spending your time on above steps. I really appreciate your cooperation.

Since this error message appears even in a clean boot mode. I would like to suggest that you run sfc/scannow to see if there are any corrupt system files, the sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. Please take the following steps.

a)   Click the Start button, and click All programs, then click Accessories.

b)   Right click Command Prompt, and click Run as administrator.

c)   Type sfc /scannow, and press 'Enter'.

If the issue persists, try to perform a System Repair.

How to do a Startup Repair

Meanwhile, as you mentioned above, I noticed that your computer fan was noisy during the startup. Based on my experience, there might be some dirt on your CPU or the computer fan might be maturing or corrupted. If computer fan runs abnormally, the height generated by CPU can't be radiated. CPU will cause Windows Explorer to hang when the temperature is high enough.

Therefore, I may suggest that you take the computer to technician to clean up your CPU or replace a new fan.

By the way, the picture you posted in this thread didn’t appear normally. Please upload it to the SkyDrive ( www.skydrive.live.com ) and let me know the URL. Thanks

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009 10:48 AM
  • I don't know if you've solved your problem as of yet, but I experienced a similar problem after installing Win 7 Ultimate RC.  Upon digging through the event log I noted many ESENT Event ID: 508 warnings.  I performed all of the necessary Microsoft solutions as noted in previous posts to no avail.  I wanted to research further and found an updated Intel Matrix Storage Controller Driver on the Intel site at: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProductID=2101&DwnldID=17882&strOSs=44&OSFullName=Windows*  The driver was released on 7/17/2009 and according to the release notes, fixes the issue you are experiencing.

After installing the updated driver, my performance issues are gone and I've had no system hangs or wierd hard-drive noises.  For more details check out my blog at http://jaydavisus.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!965695E7C768F7AF!701.entry?&_c02_vws=1

Regards,

Jay

• Proposed as answer by JayD_MI Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:42 PM