none
Running IE9 from the command line within the multi-monitor environment

Question

• Hi !

I need to run the IE9 using the multi-monitor environment.

In my concrete case, I run IE9 in 4 sessions from the command lines, with different web address each and want to see every session in the different monitor identified in the system as monitor 1..4.

I would prefer to run each session of IE9 in the kiosk mode and direct them to the different monitor.

Is it some parameter, I need to use within the command line, which directs the running IE9 window to the desired monitor ?

If it is not a command line, than probably the PowerShell script issue, isn't it ? Please, advise.

Thank you in advance,

Bogdan

Bogdan

Friday, February 17, 2012 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Kiosk mode will not work.... It is always positioned 0,0

You need a shell or vbscript file to create each Internet Explorer Object and the position them with different top,left, height and width values.

There should be working examples available from a web search.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, February 17, 2012 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Kiosk mode will not work.... It is always positioned 0,0

You need a shell or vbscript file to create each Internet Explorer Object and the position them with different top,left, height and width values.

There should be working examples available from a web search.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Friday, February 17, 2012 8:47 PM
  • Hi,

thank you for hint. Playing a bit with PowerShell 2.0 I have found a simple solution.

The possible script looks like this:

function Run_IE ([int]$resX, [int]$resY, [int]$shiftX, [string]$site_addr) {
    $ie = New-Object -ComObject InternetExplorer.Application
    $ie.Width = $resX
    $ie.Height = $resY
    $ie.Left = $shiftX
    $ie.ToolBar = 0
    $ie.StatusBar = $FALSE
    $ie.Resizable = $FALSE
    $ie.navigate2($site_addr)
    $ie.visible = $TRUE
    $ie

}

$ie1 = Run_IE 1920 1080 0 "http://www.microsoft.com"
    $ie2 = Run_IE 1920 1080 1920 "http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-us"

They are available two variables ($ie1 and $ie2) within the PS session and you can manipulate the IE windows, as you want - they are under your control. Of course, when you call this PS code saved in file from within the PS console, it is necessary to use the "dot source" syntax in order to keep the variables available globally within the session.

Bogdan

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:32 PM