none
IE - Some Settings are managed by your Systems Administrator

Question

• Hi there,

I am having a problem with IE9 in Windows Server 2008 R2 in a worgroup (Standalone) internet facing.

The Security tab of the Internet Options dialog box displays the following message to indicate that settings are managed by the system administrator:

"Some settings are managed by your system administrator"
    I am the system administrator and have tried different ways to try and remove the message but to no avail? Here is what I have tried doing below:-

1. Locate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer.

2. Double-click “Security Zones: Do not allow users to change policies” on the right pane

3. Choose “Not Configured” and click OK.

4. Restart the computer and test the result.

You can also delete the registry key “Security_HKLM_only” under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet

Settings directly.

I am running windows defender and anti spy ware updates have been installed.

If somone could point me to the right direction that will be great!

Thanks,

I am not able to find anything from the registry and there are no LGPO configured for this policy. They are all set to Not Configured.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you run the following command to check the result:

GPupdate /force

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Makalanguza,

I think you might want to check the IE forum.

Thanks!

Tom

MS ISDUA/UAG DA Anywhere Access Team Get yourself some Test Lab Guides! http://blogs.technet.com/b/tomshinder/archive/2010/07/30/test-lab-guides-lead-the-way-to-solution-mastery.aspx
    Thursday, September 08, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Hi,

I suggest you run the following command to check the result:

GPupdate /force

Regards,

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, September 12, 2011 2:53 AM
  • None of the instructions listed on this page solve the "Some settings are managed my your system administrator" issue. I Still have the nag in IE8 v8.0.7601.17514 on my Windows 7 Ultimate X64 SP1 installation on a core i7 2600k platform. The nag is on the privacy tab, and the link to the information about the issue is as usless as bird droppings on a pump handle.

I AM THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR ON MY OWN LOCAL MACHINE! I CONNECT TO THE INTERNET THROUGH A DMZ SETUP. It would really be nice, if someone actually knew how to articulate a solution that works rather than taking stabs in the dark. 

FORCE a policy update? Are you KIDDING ME?!?!?!

None of the information on this page is helpful.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 9:51 PM