none
IE9 open in new window/tab does not load

Question

• Running Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16421 on Windows 7 Pro x64 with SP1.

When the browser is asked to open a page in a new window or tab, the new blank window or tab appears, but nothing loads. There is a spinning circle in the address bar and along side the mouse cursor, but nothing more happens.

This behavior is observed whether you click on a link using target="_blank" or right click on a link and select open in new window. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled IE9. I have also experimented with the IE tabbed browsing settings including disabling tabbed browsing.

Friday, March 25, 2011 4:50 PM

Answers

• @C_A_M only:

I usually see this behavior when a Norton application is (or has been) installed and/or when one or more alternate browsers (e.g., Firefox; Chrome) have been installed changing the default Browser settings. Try the following fix:

1. Download/run the appropriate scripts by my colleague, IE MVP Kai Schätzl: http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en

Tip: The file named ie8-rereg.all.zip contains both of the scripts below.

2a. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.32on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot.

2b. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.64on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot once more.

3. IMPORTANT! => Now reset IE8 Advanced settings again per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings, reboot one last time & test.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
    • Marked as answer by C_A_M Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:59 AM

All replies

• Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions by number in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE (32-bit) in No Add-ons mode?

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons)

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings & reboot?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

4. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

5. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application ever been installed on the computer?

6. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when it was purchased? (Doesn't matter if it was never used or Activated.)

7. Is Win7 SP1 RC or Final installed?

8. Does the behavior persist if you uninstall IE9, reboot twice & do NOT reinstall it?

9. Is the computer currently fully-patched at Windows Update?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002
    Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
    • Proposed as answer by Niteesh Reddy Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:05 PM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 10:20 PM
  • 1. Yes.

2. Yes.

4. Trend Micro AV. It is up to date. No 3rd-party firewall.

5. Not to my knowledge. (The machine belonged to a former employee. I don't know if anything was installed but I don't see any evidence.)

6. No.

7. SP1 Final.

8. Yes. Same behavior on IE8. (Didn't realize that until uninstall.)

9. Yes.

Monday, March 28, 2011 5:25 PM
  • Have the same issue, both with IE9 RC and IE9 Final.  In RC, use of iexplorer.exe -noext and it would work.  In the final version, it does not.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:16 AM
  • @C_A_M only:

I usually see this behavior when a Norton application is (or has been) installed and/or when one or more alternate browsers (e.g., Firefox; Chrome) have been installed changing the default Browser settings. Try the following fix:

1. Download/run the appropriate scripts by my colleague, IE MVP Kai Schätzl: http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en

2a. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.32on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot.

2b. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar) then right-click on the script named ie8-rereg.64on64.cmd and select Run as Administrator, then reboot once more.

3. IMPORTANT! => Now reset IE8 Advanced settings again per http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings, reboot one last time & test.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) ~ MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002 ~ Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft
    • Marked as answer by C_A_M Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:46 PM
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Download/run the appropriate scripts
    This fixed it. Thank you!!!
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 6:47 PM
  • You're welcome & thanks for your feedback.
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:26 PM
  • After installing IE9 Released version on 32-bit Windows7, I encountered the same problem: When opening a link with "_blank" target, a new tab opens but loads nothing. The address field of the blank tab shows the URL of the referring page (the page with the link on it), and does not show the address of the target page it is supposed to open. The source page in question is http://www.watsonvillewetlandswatch.org/ and the link is <a href="restoration_projects.htm" target="_blank">Find out more about our <br /> restoration projects.</a>. I have used the procedure outlined by MVP, including specified reboots, and the problem remains. However, I used the script ie8-rereg.cmd. Was I supposed to use  ie8-rereg.32on64.cmd on a 32-bit machine?

I note that on my windows7 64-bit laptop, the problem does not occur.

Thank you.

• Edited by Zaslaw Wednesday, March 30, 2011 9:34 PM Clarification
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 5:50 PM
  • Following advice or suggestions given specifically to someone else is seldom a wise move and may harm your computer: Every computer & situation is different.

That being said, those running 32-bit versions of Windows would download ie8-rereg.zip which contains ie8-rereg.cmd.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:47 PM
  • Great...

Thanks for this, I resolved my problem on IE9

=D

Soriano / TI Grupo Alden
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 6:01 PM
  • You're welcome & thanks for your feedback, too.
    Saturday, July 30, 2011 7:01 PM
  • Problem can be due to corrupted or lost IE9 registrations (new tabs are blank pages instead of website page). Below are three fixes (would try in this order as they are listed easiest to hardest). As always create as system restore point before trying any fix.

1. Quit all programs that are running. Click Start, and then click Run. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll , and then click OK. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK. If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files replacing Urlmon.dll with each of the following filenames: Shdocvw.dll, Actxprxy.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Mshtml.dll, & Browseui.dll .

2. Run ie8-rereg.32-on-64.cmdwill usually fix the IE9 tab problem. This program can be found at http://iefaq.info/index.php?action=artikel&cat=42&id=133&artlang=en.

3. Reset IE9 on the Advanced page of Internet Options but this method will require you to redo all your IE9 settings (General, Security, Privacy, Advanced, etc.).

• Proposed as answer by JSiepmann Friday, August 19, 2011 4:13 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 3:46 AM
  • Did you read the post marked ANSWER above...?
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:45 AM
  • I have the same problem

1. Yes

2. Yes

4. Nortons 360 (subscription is current)

5. yes see above

6. yes

7. Win7 home preminum with sp1

8. yes

9. yes

If there is a command toolbar at the top of the new tab I can stop the load of the window and press F5 to reload it and it works.

If there is no command toolbar at top of screen there is no way to reload it

I have tried the steps given as the answer and no luck.

IE9 was an upgrade from IE8. removed IE9 and used IE8 still same issue.

the new tabs work in chrome and firefox just not ie9

Monday, October 24, 2011 4:08 PM
  • Home users will find appropriate support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:28 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same problem as C_A_M. When I click on a link in IE9 that opens a new tab. The new tab stays blank and never loads.

I have An Acer Aspire 5349 Laptop with Windows Home Premium SP1

64 bit operating system     Intel Celeron Cpu B800

I have tried running IE with no Add-Ons.....didnt fix

I restored IE to default settings....didnt fix

When I try to Reset IE a box pops up and tells me I have to close all other windows in order to reset, but no other windows or apps are open.

I tried these instructions from Microsoft .......didnt fix

1. Quit all programs that are running.
    2. Click Start, and then click Run.
    3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below):

• Shdocvw.dll
    • Actxprxy.dll
    • Oleaut32.dll
    • Mshtml.dll
    • Browseui.dll
    • Shell32.dll

I purchased this laptop a week ago and it came with McAfee trial, but I uninstalled that and installed AVG Free.

There is a pop up from Norton that keeps popping up tring to sell  me norton.

What should I do.

Thanks

Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Can anyone try this??

CLOSE ALL INSTANCES OF IEXPLORE.EXE

open notepad and paste the following.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"TabProcGrowth"=dword:00000000

Now on the notepad click on File and Save As.

In the dialogue box.. type file name as IEFIX.REG and save.

(Remember the location where the file is saved).

Double CLick on the file and merge the entries into registry

Check IE now

• Proposed as answer by hutchnate Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:34 PM
    Monday, December 05, 2011 5:26 PM
  • This metod not working for me, same as all others on this page! But if I press stop while tab loading, then error page loads, and if I press refresh on that page then tab loads OK!

Any ideas??

Saturday, December 24, 2011 3:43 AM
  • Your link only initiates the behavior I'm trying to solve???
    CRM 4, SQL Server and .Net developer using C#
    Monday, January 02, 2012 4:52 AM
  • Thanks, this obviousley works as per the number of answer vote you got, unfortunatly you won't be getting mine as your link trys to open a new tab, which exibits the behavior I am trying to fix!

Not too bright!

CRM 4, SQL Server and .Net developer using C#
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 12:58 AM
  • After giving up on IE9 for over a year, you have finally given me THE SOLUTION!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

George

Friday, January 20, 2012 8:33 PM
  • You're welcome, you're welcome, you're welcome!!!!

You will find Consumer support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Saturday, January 21, 2012 1:47 AM
  • Robert, not sure if you are still around, I can't understand your answer, I'm a regular old person but am computer comfortable.  I've been searching for an answer to the IE9 / Windows 7 / Trend Antivirus (?) isssue for several months and tried some solutions but nothing so far has worked.  Thanks for any simple advice / interpretation of the above that you can give to me, or, I just try it?  But I also saw that you said people shouldn't just try a solution that was specific to someone else's set up.  Thanks, Stacia

Sunday, January 22, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Robert, not sure if you are still around, I can't understand your answer, I'm a regular old person but am computer comfortable.  I've been searching for an answer to the IE9 / Windows 7 / Trend Antivirus (?) isssue for several months and tried some solutions but nothing so far has worked.  Thanks for any simple advice / interpretation of the above that you can give to me, or, I just try it?  But I also saw that you said people shouldn't just try a solution that was specific to someone else's set up.  Thanks, Stacia

You will find Consumer support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Monday, January 23, 2012 12:39 AM
  • Wow - after searching the internet for 6 months for answers for this same problem - this finally worked!

Thanks! I'm a happy camper! :-)

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:23 PM
  • You're welcome, too.

Going forward, you will find Consumer support for Internet Explorer in this forum: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

Friday, January 27, 2012 1:52 AM
  • I was breaking my head from two weeks how to fix this problem with IE9 and thanks to you it's working now! I was on the verge of giving up using IE.
    Friday, February 10, 2012 11:17 AM
  • @C_A_M only:

This is working... Thanks alot friend
    • Proposed as answer by Niteesh Reddy Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:05 PM
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions by number in your very next reply (no need to quote this post):

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE (32-bit) in No Add-ons mode?

=> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons)

2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings & reboot?
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

4. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?

5. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application ever been installed on the computer?

6. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when it was purchased? (Doesn't matter if it was never used or Activated.)

7. Is Win7 SP1 RC or Final installed?

8. Does the behavior persist if you uninstall IE9, reboot twice & do NOT reinstall it?

9. Is the computer currently fully-patched at Windows Update?

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP (IE, Mail, Security, Windows & Update Services) since 2002
    Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Problem Solved... ! Thanks alot friend
    Saturday, February 18, 2012 1:06 PM
  • worked like a charm!

thanks a lot.

Win 7 - 64x - IE9

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:05 PM
  • You have a different problem. Please go here and explain your problem in detail. http://answers.microsoft.com

IEFAQ: http://iefaq.info

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:11 AM
  • Thanks Robear! That fixed my problem with Tabs not working correctly. I should have known about the problem with intalling and uninstalling Chrome. Big mistake on my part. You saved me hours of work re-building my O/S.

Regards,

Techman734

Follow up on what i thought was the fix, the problem came back the next day after turning on my computer and clicking on a shortcut hyperlink, the browers starts up but with blank tab and does nothing. I can go back leaving the browser open and again click on the hotlink and then it will open a new tab to where i want to be on the web. Crazy mess indeed.

Stats, Windows 7 64bit, all updates from MS done, using MS antivirus "essentials".

Regards,

Techman 734

• Edited by techman734 Friday, March 23, 2012 3:39 PM Returning Tab Problems in IE9
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:12 AM
  • Maybe you should copy the link url and paste it in your browser tab before you complain about someone who has provided a much need answer to a problem many are having.
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:57 PM
  • Hi Td,

I tried you solution, sorry to say but that's a no go or at
    least for me. I was able to re-register all but the following dll's

•Mshtml.dll

•Browseui.dll

•Shdocvw.dll

This error returned when attempting to register these dll's
    is the same for all three dlls listed in this reply;

"The module"Mshtml.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "Mshtml.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.
    Please note that this DLL register command does not work on any of my computers running Windows 7 32 or 64 bit O/S. And all of my computers are up to date on MS updates.

My work PC is running McAfee, home pc's are using ms essentials. One of my home PC's that this Tab problem exist on had previously used the Chrome browser and that I believe is the root cause but how to fix it after uninstalling and sweeping the registry is beyond me. Anyone else out there have the same issues? I am about ready to format and rebuild *!'x

Regards,

Techman734

Friday, March 23, 2012 3:31 PM
  • @techman734 & anyone else with a similar problem: To avoid confusion, please begin your own, new thread in the Consumer-specific IE forum => http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie

State your current IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP2; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 SP1; Win7 64-bit; Win7 64-bit SP1) in your first post. Thank you.

See...

HOW TO begin your own, new thread about your computer & your problem
        http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/Page/faq#faqGettingAnswers5

Friday, March 23, 2012 3:51 PM
  • Thanks also to my computer I run the script ie8-rereg.al.zip with windows 7 x86 and IE9. all rihgt!
    Monday, April 09, 2012 4:04 AM
  • I just wanted to say thank you for putting this out on the web. This worked after weeks of trying to find a solution. Thank you!
    Monday, May 14, 2012 12:33 PM
  • I've seen some of your posts - and tried everything I've found so far, but still nothing works! (the above problem - click on a link, and a another tab opens but is blank, and the little circle just spins. Nothing ever loads.  With MOST pages, I can "copy shortcut" and paste into a new IE and it then loads fine.  However, NOW, I've encounted a page where even that doesn't work.  I've reinstalled my Java, restored daufaults under Security in IE, tools, internet options......., I've done the "patch" as admin and not one of these things has made any difference.  I am using IE 9, Windows 7 (64), Java 7 (the currrent to download).

My now ex-husband (whom I always relied on for 19yrs) ran off to have a sex-change operation. (yes a long haired computer geek!) I am disabled, with no income (so hiring someone to fix is out of the question) as it may be quite a while til I get Disability approved.  I have above average user knowledge and "used to" know how to config things - but it pretty much stopped with Win XP Pro, Win 2000, ME, SE - so I am "lost" on Vista and 7. Since I am now, again going to have to learn to be my own tech, PLEASE help me get this up and going (my ONLY opportunity to make a small amount of money is dependant on this working again) and can you ALSO recommend some books (or something) that I can look for to borrow to try to get me back up to speed quickly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:04 PM
  • I just wanted to say thank you for putting this out on the web. This worked after weeks of trying to find a solution. Thank you!
    what solution worked for you? did i miss something. i have tried them all with no luck? Blahhhh.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:57 PM
  • @C_A_M only:

tried this with no luck.
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:58 PM
  • @Donavan

probably because your issue is being caused by something else... please start your own questions, including the website address of the site you are having problems with and reproduction steps...include also your windows and IE versions.

Most problems with IE are caused by IE Addons... in the first instance you should start IE in noAddons mode to rule out addons...

Start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>Internet Explorer(noAddons)

links appearing on google web search results pages are what are called click through links (they go to google first before they are redirected to the actual web site)..

Your browser Tracking protection may be blocking these

OR

the web site in the google link is no longer in business (dead links)

OR

the website is experiencing problems and is failing to send back a 200 ok response.

so it is important that you provide this information to us to help you...

for consumer help with IE select the Help>Online Support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this is a technet forum and is meant for ITPros and our answers are technical in nature and require/assume a very good understanding of computers and the internet.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:01 PM
  • Issue is in ie9. when you click on a url that opens link in a new tab, the tab opens to white page, no content loads..

any site. other browsers no issues.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi Td,

I tried you solution, sorry to say but that's a no go or at
    least for me. I was able to re-register all but the following dll's

•Mshtml.dll

•Browseui.dll

•Shdocvw.dll

This error returned when attempting to register these dll's
    is the same for all three dlls listed in this reply;

"The module"Mshtml.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DLLRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "Mshtml.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.
    Please note that this DLL register command does not work on any of my computers running Windows 7 32 or 64 bit O/S. And all of my computers are up to date on MS updates.

Regards,

Techman734

That's normal behavior for those DLLs when you run Windows 7. In older versions of Windows you were able to register them with regsvr32.exe. In Windows 7 (or after installing IE8 on Windows XP in the case of MSHTML.DLL) that is no longer the case. I know there are tons of articles recommending you to do so, even for IE8 and up, but they are downright wrong.

• Edited by Snafit Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:01 PM
    Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:58 PM
  • Tried:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]

"TabProcGrowth"=dword:00000000

didn't work for my flavor of missing/broken "open in new tab". :(

• Edited by cajun_ Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:23 PM
    Thursday, August 23, 2012 4:22 PM
  • Thank you, Bear. With your method, I finally can use IE again after one year's suffering. 
    Monday, October 08, 2012 3:00 AM
  • Yes thank you indeed.  I've been trying to fix this for years and finnaly just gave up and ran IE on a virual machine.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 5:31 PM
  • This works in IE10 also for the blank tab syndrome. Run both the 32 and 64 (as stated) as the 64on64 did not work until I ran the 32on64. Found on the original site of Kai's script that PA linked to. Thanks to both! Windows 7 64 bit with IE10 update.
    Saturday, March 23, 2013 11:23 PM
  • Sorry PA Bear/ Kai Schätzl, I followed your solution (to the letter) and it didn't work for me.

Thanks anyway though.

Monday, April 08, 2013 3:08 PM
  • This worked...quick and very easy! Thanks so much!

Admini123

• Edited by Admini123 Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:01 PM
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:01 PM
  • @C_A_M only:

Many thanks for your job.

This works perfectly on my IE 9 too. I beleived that it was coming from IE 10, then I uninstall it to downgrade to IE 9, and the issue was still there.

I've made what you've described, and now it works back on IE 9. I will install IE 10 later, but I wanted to tell to the community that your fix works for IE 9.

IE or windows is not the origin of the problem, but as this is said in the link of IE MVP Kai Schätzl, this is coming from bad registration of few dlls.

Great !

Best regards, Francois.

Friday, May 03, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Hello all.  I've tried all of the above recommendations to no success.  Thx for the suggestions but I found the solution for us all

Complete Internet Repair is the application's name and it can be downloaded off of cNet via download(dot)com.  Out of all of the available options to choose from I checked Repair Internet Explorer ONLY.

The direct download for this file is http://download.cnet.com/Complete-Internet-Repair/3000-2094_4-75332305.html

WARNING:  After the application runs it will force you to reboot and close any and all apps or windows.  All of your troubles will be over BUT the reboot is not a request.  SAVE any projects that are open because the system WILL REBOOT.  Voila.

------
    I just reread this article and didn't realized I'd posted this fix and there was one posted earlier.  I searched for over a week and never saw a solution, so I began posting what I found to have worked for me earlier this morning.
    • Edited by Callous Monday, May 13, 2013 5:10 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Moulay Youssef Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:58 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:50 PM
  • I did all of the above fixes and spent hours until I discovered the last post from Callous about downloading Complete Internet Repair.  I ran it and only picked Fix Internet Explorer then I rebooted.

I then had a red X on my network connection icon, but I was connected.  I tested IE and the links worked.  I was able to click links in Yahoo Mail and they opened properly in the new tabs.  Yay!!

I fixed the red X by refreshing the icon cache.  If you need the fix, it can be found using Google.

I also tried the IOBit Advanced SystemCare Ultimate IE fix and it didn't do it either.  Complete Internet Repair must re-register more DLLs and/or create reg entries.  I don't know.
    Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:12 PM
  • Complete Internet Repair must re-register more DLLs and/or create reg entries.  I don't know.

You could find out by running ProcMon and filtering on Operation Is RegSetValue.   Then compare traces of the various tools.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:17 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi, Thanks a lot Callous for sharing your solution, It works fine for me...

I've tried many recommendations all over the net but no success, So the best solution is to download Complete Internet Repair

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:02 PM
  • God bless you to all who suggested complete Internet repair. I've been beating my head against the wall!
    Friday, September 27, 2013 11:29 PM
  • thanks a lot
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:54 PM
  • I hesitate running some unknown scripts from an absolute stranger.  The problem should be addressed directly from M$.  They should supply any scripts.

That said, this issue is unacceptable coming from M$.  They obviously are still depending on the people to do their beta testing...

Ray

Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:53 PM
  • Robear - I believe I have the same problem with ALL of my Windows 7 Pro users (two Scenarios):

Scenario 1:

Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit, IE 9 (10 & 11 also)... If I click on the IE9 icon, Open a website necessary for daily work activity, log in. Click on a website button that is supposed to open a NEW window and NOTHING happens. (there are still a few Windows XP systems with IE8 and there are NO problems on these workstations). Answers to your questions:

1. yes

2. yes

4. Trend Micro Worryfree Business Security, Standard Edition. Yes subscription is current. Trend WFBS covers antispam also. There is a Watchguard Firebox. All subscriptions, firmware and software is up-to-date.

5. no

6. no

7. Windows 7 SP1 Final

8. Unable to uninstall ie9

9. Yes

Additional troubleshooting... Found that if I start IE9 (or IE10) in 64-bit mode, there are NO problems... It appears that 32-bit is the default mode and that is when it does not work.  The system had updated to IE 11. I have tried all versions... 9, 10 & 11. I need access from both versions because the users are NOT computer literate to understand the issues... there are some sites that will require 32-bit. Is there a fix for 32-bit on a 64-bit system?

Scenario 2

Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit, IE 8 (10 & 11 also)... If I click on the IE8 icon, Open a website necessary for daily work activity, log in. Click on a website button that is supposed to open a NEW window and NOTHING happens. (there are still a few Windows XP systems with IE8 and there are NO problems on these workstations). Answers to your questions:

1. yes

2. yes

4. Trend Micro Worryfree Business Security, Standard Edition. Yes subscription is current. Trend WFBS covers antispam also. There is a Watchguard Firebox. All subscriptions, firmware and software is up-to-date.

5. no

6. no

7. Windows 7 SP1 Final

8. yes

9. Yes

Additional troubleshooting... I followed the instructions for the IE8 fix for 32-bit OS. It appears to have fixed the problem... However,  if I install IE9 or 10... will the 'fix' still hold?

Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:14 AM
  • 1. yes

2. yes

4. Sophos Safe Guard (R) 6.0, Same, None

5. No

6. No

7. Win 7 sp1 (no RC or Final listed from system property)

8. yes

9. yes

May I try your answer?

Thanks.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:04 PM