none
IE10 - This program couldn`t be downloaded

Question

• Hello,

when saving a file to a network-drive (nas) i get the following error after downloading :

I have added the NAS already to the trusted sites (using GPO). But still same problem.

Howto fix this?

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:27 AM

All replies

• Anybody ?

Maybe possibilities with Group-policy?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:42 AM
  • Currently having the same exact problem with IE10 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I'm also saving to a network location, it's a re-directed downloads folder which resides on a file server.

• Edited by Ryan Arakaki Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:46 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:44 AM
  • Hi,

In my lab, it was able to download small file in the network location, but the big file showed the save result.

However, you can find the downloaded file and change the extension name to use the file.

In addition, you can also save the file locally and then copy it to the network location.

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:59 AM
  • Hello Vincent,

and what will be the full solution?

Thx

Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

You can also submit you feedback about Internet Explorer via the following link

http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

Regards,

Vincent Wang

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:00 AM
  • Hello Vincent,

but there is no solution untill now?

Thx

Friday, November 23, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Anybody?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

You can find the downloaded file and change the extension name to use the file. It has been already downloaded.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi Vincent,

i can find the file at the default location for download?

Howto fix this issue about the error message ?

Thx

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:25 AM
  • This is a frustrating problem for me, too.  It seems that his only happens if I sign into Windows 8 using a Microsoft account.  If I use a local account, I am able to save files to network drives.  Are there any solutions for this other than copying the file after it has been downloaded to a local drive?

Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:58 PM
  • At my situation it`s on a local account.

And it`s random (also with .pdf-files).

Download 3 files from HP.com --> 1 file will be saved, other 2 files --> the error specified.

What to do?

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:06 AM
  • Bump because this is still happening to me with IE10 Windows 7 and trying to download to a redirected folder.
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 7:42 AM
  • Same here.  If I go to Settings > Internet Explorer > and click Reset under the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window my problem appears to go away although it eventually comes back.
    Monday, April 01, 2013 10:21 PM
  • hi rob,

which IE-file do I need to change to fix this issue?

Thx

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

You can find the downloaded file and change the extension name to use the file. It has been already downloaded.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

Is this Microsoft's recommendation?   To have people change the filename after a failed download?   Has anyone found a solution that we can actually deploy to our clients for this problem.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Here also still looking for a solution to deploy...
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Still looking for a fix also ... is there any hope, or should I just use Chrome from now on?!?
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:02 PM
  • My solution, encountered on a Windows 8.1 (eval, running in a virtualbox VM session) was to switch to using Firefox as my default browser.  Good luck.
    Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:48 PM
  • My solution, encountered on a Windows 8.1 (eval, running in a virtualbox VM session) was to switch to using Firefox as my default browser.  Good luck.

That's not a solution, that's a workaround at best.
    Friday, July 05, 2013 9:29 AM
  • I am also having this problem.  I've had this with two different machines now.  One I ended up totally rebuilding because even a new profile wouldn't correct it.  I did find that going back to IE8 solved.  Chrome also solves.  But as William states, that is a work-around, not a solution.  I would really like to see a solution to this so that I don't have yet another machine to rebuild.
    Wednesday, July 24, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Here same problem!

Still nog solution for this issue??

Monday, September 09, 2013 8:44 AM
  • Still no solution for this issue??

Please refer to the details in the proposed answer and compare with your (undisclosed?) details.

Also, looks like the first example should have been trying to download from an alternate host

http://vso-convertxtodvd.en.softonic.com/download

NTF from that site (at least on IE11).

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Monday, September 09, 2013 7:52 PM
    Answerer