none
Undefined IE9 Advanced Settings - Please Help

Question

• Hello, all.

I have researched the many IE9 Settings in the Internet Options Advanced Tab. However, the remaining list below still eludes me. Can someone point me to where I can find definitions/explanations of what these settings mean?

- Enable websites to use the search pane (requires restart)

- Send IDN server names

- Send IDN server names for Intranet Addresses

- Show Notification bar for encoded addresses

- Use UTF-8 for mailto links

- Force off-screen compositing even under Terminal Server (requires restart)

Kind regards,
    RetiredEngineer

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Enable websites to use the search pane, this is a function exists before Internet Explorer 7, we call it Windows Search Assistant in Internet Explorer. Now, it was replaced by the Instant Search box.

Send IDN server names and Send IDN server names for Intranet Addresses, you could refer to the following article to get more information:

Internationalized Domain Names (IDN) Support

Show Notification bar for encoded addresses: this configuration tells Internet Explorer to display the following information bar message when it encodes an address into Punycode: This Web address contains letters or symbols that cannot be displayed with the current language settings.

Use UTF-8 for mailto links: Internet Explorer will encode mailto links in UTF-8.

Force off-screen compositing even under Terminal Server: "Compositing" is the process of combining two images to form a new image. The most common compositing operation is an "over," in which one image is placed over another. Compositing effects can cause flashing when you are running Internet Explorer with Terminal Services. If you enable this option, you can eliminate the flashing but you might severely decrease the performance of Internet Explorer running with Terminal Services.

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 6:40 AM