none
Problem with IE9 Install

Question

• I am having a very hard time installing Internet Explorer 9, and I have no idea what is exactly the problem. I have tried doing it through Windows Update, and it says it successfully installs, but once I restart it, it will say there is an issue booting my computer, and I have to insert the install disk and repair Windows Vista. From there it will say that it did not install correctly, and the changes are being reverted. The same thing happens when I do it manually by going to the Microsoft and downloading it directly. I have tried disabling my antivirus and firewalls and it still happens. I have updated Windows Update and tried all I could there and it still doesn't work. At this point, I honestly have no idea why my computer is resisting installing IE9 so much, any ideas on what I could do?
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 2:34 AM

All replies

• Please see and follow carefully:
    "Troubleshoot problems when you cannot install IE9".

IE9 Microsoft Support
    If you’re unable to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 or the option to uninstall Internet Explorer 9 is not available in installed updates, you can contact support for available support options.
    No charge telephone support is available for install and uninstall issues. You may also be eligible for telephone support if your issue causes your computer to crash or if Internet Explorer 9 does not let you browse all sites.
    To learn more about your support options, please contact Microsoft at the following telephone number: (800) 642-7676.

Regards,
    Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Answers and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:24 AM
    Sunday, October 02, 2011 5:03 AM