none
Adding Content Advisor to Internet Explorer 11, No "Content Page" folder in Group policy editor

Question

• I want to use Content Advisor in Internet Explorer 11. I have found a few post that say to use Local Group Policy Editor. However "Content Page" folder does not exist. I have checked the following locations:

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>

User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer -> Internet Control Panel ->

Internet Control Panel has only two folders "security page" and "advanced page". The "Content Page" folder does not exist.

• Edited by TrekTNG789 Monday, December 16, 2013 5:51 AM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 5:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you did not mention your windows version.

In Internet Options (win7/IE11)>Content tab, Content advisor has been replaced with Parental Controls.

Rob^_^

Monday, December 16, 2013 7:41 AM
  • I have windows 7 professional with IE 11.

IE 9 has both parental control and content advisor

IE 10, IE 11 only parental control.

It can only be considered a replacement if it performs the function of the thing being replaced. In this case it is more accurate to say downgrade.

I am looking to add about 10 websites to the whitelist and block all the others with a supervisor password, like it was possible to do this in Content advisor. I cannot do this with parental control, so I am looking for a way to put content advisor back on to IE 11 using Local Group Policy Editor.

Please read the above the post.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:54 AM
  • Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:07 AM
  • Something not quite right with your inetres.admx?

On my Win7+IE11 system, I can enable Content Advisor by using the GPO setting you mention (it's also mentioned in the comments of this blog post about IEM)
    http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/07/how-to-use-group-policy-to-allow-or-block-urls/

I did a quick test of enabling/disabling Content advisor, and that part worked fine (I didn't do any Content Advisor setup of passwords, ratings, sites etc)

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:44 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I would like to suggest you try to re-register the related mmc snap-in DLL to check the result:

regsvr32 <snap-in DLL name>

Administrative Templates and Scripts: gptext.dll

For your reference:

Some Group Policy areas are missing from the Group Policy Editor

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555218

This article is also applied for Windows 7.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 1:49 AM