none
Link does not open, unless I right click and select open, then it opens in a new window. Right click and open in new tab also works.

Question

• Hi,

I have a link on the page that is supposed to direct me to a new page, however clicking on it does nothing. It is only when I right click and select open, does the link open in a new page. I can also select open in a new tab, or open in a new window, and it will work.  There are 2 other links on the same page, which work as designed, just by clicking on them.

The web page links work from my works machine (XP and ie6) just by left clicking. My machine is running Window 7 and IE9.

Can anyone shed some light on this as it is extremely frustrating.

Thanks

SS

Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:33 PM

Answers

• Hi SS,

Thanks for the post!

1. Click Start, input Internet Explorer, click Internet Explorer(No Add-ons), check if it works.

2. If it doesn't work, try to Reset the Internet Explorer.

Meanwhile, if you want to open a link in a new Tab, press Ctrl and left click, if open in a new Window, press Shift and left click.

In addition, some websites may have compatibile issue with new IE9, you can open your IE9, click Tools, select Compatibility Viewing settings, check "Display all websites in Compatibility View" .

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sloppy Salmon Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:42 AM

All replies

• Hi SS,

Thanks for the post!

1. Click Start, input Internet Explorer, click Internet Explorer(No Add-ons), check if it works.

2. If it doesn't work, try to Reset the Internet Explorer.

Meanwhile, if you want to open a link in a new Tab, press Ctrl and left click, if open in a new Window, press Shift and left click.

In addition, some websites may have compatibile issue with new IE9, you can open your IE9, click Tools, select Compatibility Viewing settings, check "Display all websites in Compatibility View" .

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sloppy Salmon Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2011 6:42 AM
  • Thanks Miya,

Starting without add ons didn't work, but running the site in compatability mode did.

My only concern now is how do I inform other people who are visiting this site about the compatability issues?

Regards

SS

Thursday, March 10, 2011 2:55 PM