none
How to bring Metro IE back

Question

• I installed Chrome, the right bottom pop up a green windows asking for default, I choose Chrome.

After this, the full screen new Metro IE 10 is gone.

I wish to experience Metro for more time, so I unpin it, then pin it back, it doesn't help. Always brings me to the desktop version.

------------------

But I just find out how to bring Metro IE back:

Control panel

More Settings

Programs

Default Programs

Set your default programs

choose Internet Explore on the left

Choose Defaults for this program

check all 3 boxes under protocols

save

--------------------

Now you have the Metro IE back! 

Wish this will help you :)

--------------------

But when I choose Chrome to be the default, Metro hide again, how can I just find a metro version exe?

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I notice you are using Windows 8 Metro feature. Please contact Windows 8 Developer Preview support to confirm the issue.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/threads

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:46 AM
  • I have the exact same issue, though I am using Win8 Pro, not a preview version... as mentioned by someone else to contact Developer Preview Support.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:08 AM
  • Hi,

see the date of the original question. Win8 has since been released to the public.

If you have not already done so update your preview version of win8 to the release version or change back to IE as your default web browser.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:22 AM
  • Thanks, Rob.  I have purchased Windows 8 Pro, meaning I'm not in the consumer preview.  Maybe it will be addressed in an update... that I am getting ready do to...
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:38 AM