none
A way to force browser mode selection in IE10?

Question

• Is there a way to force IE 10 to run Browser Mode: IE7 Document Mode: IE7 standards via group policy / registry setting for intranet sites?
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Same as in other IE versions....

tools>Compatibility View Settings>check "Display Intranet sites in compatibility view"

GPedit

Internet Explorer>Compatibility View

Rob^_^

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:06 PM
  • I'm trying to avoid using the compatibility view as that causes errors on intranet sites.... my goal is to force IE10 to run its browser mode as IE7 when hitting intranet sites as this currently has proven fully functional.  I can modify GPO's to gray out the ability to select / de-select the option you have suggested above, but that forces browser mode of IE10... which is only partially compatible.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:48 PM
  • In addition, I have tried to configure "Use Policy List of Internet Explorer 7 sites" GPO... testing has shown that this calls the IE10 Compatibility Mode... not the IE7.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 5:40 PM
  • Add a document type declaration to your web pages without one.

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 8:21 PM
  • as of right now, we are beta testing the consumer preview... so an initiative for web developers to modify intranet sites to ensure compatibility isn't an option right now... that's why I'm trying to determine if there's a way to force the modifications I have stated above locally on the client machine itself.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:47 AM
  • As I know no policy for this can be set

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, April 26, 2012 9:39 AM
  • This option doesn't exist in the IE10 version released with Windows Server 2012 RC.   This would be a critical feature to put in for RTM.    We need to be able to set a website with a specific compatibility ... via walk through on the phone [gui] or via group policy.    I can't have the user always have the developer tools open to switch compatibility on the site every time they restart the browser.
    Monday, June 25, 2012 3:26 PM